• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTB 38 Special Ammo

Wanting To Buy

Tigerbikes

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 24, 2006
    NJ USA
    So I bought my wife a 38 for Valentine's day.

It would be nice if she were able to shoot it.

Where is all the 38 Special ammo?

If anyone has anything decent, not 100 years old, please PM me.

I am looking for some run of the mill target or plinking stuff... FMJ, lead flat nose, wadcutter, whatever, but not +P.

Thanks!

Anyone have any 38 Special they are willing to part with?

Or know where to buy online at a price that isn't robbery?

I may have some cases for 38 i could send you and some wadcutter projectiles if you reload.

Thanks but Ammo Seek has been nothing but a let down on 38 Special.
    Any place that has stock lately has been super shady.
    Read the online feedback for places like "Gun Slinger" or "Freedom Munitions" and you wouldn't tell them your name, let alone send them your credit card info.
    I have been looking on Ammo Seek for a legitimate retail seller with a decent price for the past month or two and have found nothing.

I see that you do not reload, but are you fine with reloads?

I have on hand:
    2 lbs of Unique
    15 Lbs of lead ingots.
    Assorted cases all once fired. (Most are Federal & Winchester)
    1400 CCI small pistol primers.
    A Lyman Bullet Mold #356242.

If you are interested, I could put some together for you and send them your way. I have a standard load I use, but if you have a particular load you prefer with those components, I'd be happy to assemble them accordingly.

I realize it ain't much, but it is the best I have on hand and they shoot fine for plinking. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Texasflyer
    I appreciate the offer. I used to reload 38 special all the time when I was younger and had no money :).
    I had a great wadcutter load worked up that was dead on accurate with very little recoil out of my old S&W model 66.
    I sold all my reloading gear 20+ years ago when I setup to reload rifle.
    At the time the cost savings reloading for handgun wasn't enough to justify spending the time.
    Little did I know we would be were we are today.
    Let me see if I can't find some factory stuff first. If not I may take you up on this.

Reactions: RGStory
    I appreciate the offer. I used to reload 38 special all the time when I was younger and had no money :).
    I had a great wadcutter load worked up that was dead on accurate with very little recoil out of my old S&W model 66.
    I sold all my reloading gear 20+ years ago when I setup to reload rifle.
    At the time the cost savings reloading for handgun wasn't enough to justify spending the time.
    Little did I know we would be were we are today.
    Let me see if I can't find some factory stuff first. If not I may take you up on this.
    Pretty sure i have an old spare set of rcbs 357/38 dies you can have if you have a press. Its like riding a very expensive bike.... down an expensive rabbit hole lol

I'll go see what I have in a bit. Pretty sure I have some.

Thanks but Ammo Seek has been nothing but a let down on 38 Special.
    Any place that has stock lately has been super shady.
    Read the online feedback for places like "Gun Slinger" or "Freedom Munitions" and you wouldn't tell them your name, let alone send them your credit card info.
    I have been looking on Ammo Seek for a legitimate retail seller with a decent price for the past month or two and have found nothing.
    It's been some years, but I was at a match were Freedom Munitions was a sponsor and I took home a bunch of ammo. Seemed legit to me.

Anyone have any 38 Special they are willing to part with?

Or know where to buy online at a price that isn't robbery?
    Buffalo bore makes nice 38 special for Self Defense but it is not cheap.