• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos 3BUCC Brass-SAVR

LoneWolfUSMC

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
Going to give one a try on the AR10 Sunday. A couple of local guys use them on their AR15's. I am tired of spending time looking for brass after barricade or "run and gun" type stages.

I will be doing a video review once I get some trigger time on it.

Re: 3BUCC Brass-SAVR

Does it have a hard plastic angled deflector inside the bag? The ones I've seen that are just lawnmower bags without a deflector tend to occasionally toss the casing back at the ejection port.

+1^

I too get tired of chasing brass... therefore I bought a brass catch bag and it caused nothing but problems. However, your system looks to be of a better design.

keep us updated on your build boss...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wolvenhaven</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does it have a hard plastic angled deflector inside the bag?</div></div>

No deflector.

The problem with hard plastic is that brass likes to "bounce" off of it. With the 3BUCC catcher the brass hits the soft bag. This should take the energy out of it and allow it to drop into the bottom.

For the last couple months I have been using a brass deflector of my own design that just acts like a mudflap and drops the brass next to the rifle. It allowed the rifle to function perfectly, but I still had to hunt brass in the grass when shooting off a barricade or while moving.

The lovely thing about the .308 ARs is that brass comes out with some authority and carries some energy with it. Enough that it would kick a double layer of 1000D out of the way even when it was laying against the port.

Ran it in the match today and it was great. I had a couple of double feeds, but I tracked that down to a bad magazine. Once I sorted that it ran great.

I have not run it beyond 20 rounds in the bag yet, so I don't know how many will cause a jam. It looks like you can probably get two magazines before you have an issue. However for tactical rifle matches we generally don't run more than 20 rounds on a stage. Most of the time they are capped at 10.

I can already tell that I will be buying more mounts so I can use it on several different ARs. It's so nice not having to search for brass after a run.