• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

3rd HardRock Match of 2010

DocB

Minuteman
Jan 14, 2004
CSG
Good day,

The third HR match of the 2010 series will be held on Saturday, May 8th. New shooters should make plans to attend the practice day on Friday, May 7th. The match is held rain or shine unless the civil authorities close the roads. There will be two matches in May, the second will be on the 29th with practice on the 28th.

The short version of the COF and rules is: 5 rounds at each 600, 800, 900 and 1k target with a 1 MOA 10 point bullseye and a 2 MOA 5 point scoring ring in 20 minutes. No sighters, no wind flags, and you have ring steel with at least one of your first five shots. Three classes, .223, .308, and AnyThing Goes.

For a full copy of the schedule and rules, please send me a PM with your First and Last name, along with your email address.

Looking forwards to seeing everyone at the match,
DocB

Re: 3rd HardRock Match of 2010

We still have another weekend for all this rain we've had in 2 days to dry out.

I plan on being there, may not shoot ... I have a new reason/excuse !! My current therapy (one week left) has kicked my butt and I don't want to embarrass myself or others ! Yeah, right

County has worked the road.... Finally, the ATV BMW, A.Brown, can drive reasonably and not like a rocket to skim over the ruts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jhuskey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">County has worked the road.... Finally, the ATV BMW, A.Brown, can drive reasonably and not like a rocket to skim over the ruts. </div></div>

He always drives like that. He just used the ruts as an excuse.
grin.gif

no promises, but if all is well, i plan on being there. looking forward to seeing everyone and shooting. due to the ignorance of some people, the range here locally has closed the rifle ranges, so i don't get to shoot as much.

brandon

Good day,

Just have to maintain enough speed to be able to scrape off the high spots and keep on rolling. The high gyroscopic force of the wheels keeps the ATB balanced on the top of the ruts, rather than allowing the car to fall down into them and causing me to block the road.

Have fun,
DocB

There is a detour on Society Hill road coming from Opelika to Society Hill, Lee Road 11, which turns into Macon County 43 and goes to Hwy 80 at the stores.

So if you get off I-85 coming South, when you get to the detour sign, turn right or West. Go to the detour sign at the second paved road to the left and turn left.

Go South to Macon County Road 24 and turn left on 24, then right on Society Hill Road (Macon 43) and you are back on track.

Some people claim not to see the detour signs BUT THEY ARE THERE... See you guys the 8th.

Dug through my goodie stash and found a hundred shiny new Lapua brass (bought at about $34/box, if I remember correctly -- wasn't that the good 'ole days). Now they're shiny new cartridges. That will be my excuse -- they're not fire formed so obviously they won't shoot good groups.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Me and the usual crew will be there Saturday before 0800.

See ya then.

County Road is in the best shape its been in a LONG time, county bladed it a couple of weeks back and I bladed 80% of it yesterday evening.
Bring sun block.

Good day,

The match results for today's match have been sent. I owe a couple of folks the schedule, which will follow later. Please give your mail server 24 hours to deliver the results to you before contacting me about failed deliveries.

Thanks,
DocB

Congrats to Clay for 1rst in 308 and Steve for 1rst in 223.
Huskey, thank you for free place to lay our head and take a hot shower friday.

Well I finally made it to a HR match.
Thanks to DocB for helping me out in practice Friday, and to Ed Baker for being my coach on Saturday.
Most of all, thanks to all you guys for making me feel right at home!
The Hard Rock "Bermuda Triangle" at 900 kinda bit me, but I learned a lot.
Mr. Huskey, a special thanks to you for everything you do to make this event happen.
I look forward to shooting there again.

Thank yall for a great Saturday. I wasn't planning on shooting but thanks for letting me get my feet wet. That was my first time past 300 yards, I think im hooked. I look forward to the June match as I will be out of town Memorial Day weekend.
Mr Huskey and DocB, thanks again, I loved it.

I had a good time at the match once again. Congrats to the winners in all classes. I am looking forward to the next match.

Thanks Husky and everyone who make this match happen.