• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

$4 match ammo

db2000

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 27, 2020
    $4/rd for 6.5 PRC seems nuts but realistically adding up all the components at today’s market value. Comes out to about $4 a pop for match ammo.

Components, if you can find them, or, if you already have them, and IF, you’re even willing to part with them:
    Berger 156 EOL $0.60/pc
    RL26 $0.32/rd
    Case $1.50-$3/pc
    Match primer $0.15-$0.30/pc
    Time ???
    Approx $3/rd plus time. $4/rd for high end brass.

No I’m not selling any ammo.
    Just a perspective for all the assholes that like to troll the PX and bitch all the time 😂 🍻

Last edited:
    Mile high has it for sale.

Doc

ETA, its 300 PRC

My son brought me 1000 cci 450 primers today.

He got them at lgs not at communist SCAB prices.

Ha ha it's trickling back and resellers going to eat it.

20210424_211400.jpg

Interesting, the lack of response from all the keyboard warriors always clicking the 🤣 emoji on folk’s PX posts selling ammo and reloading components.

Just checking in to see what condition my condition is in. 🍻

6.5 grendel is even worse. Saw some online dealers asking $2.50/round for Wolf steel case and $4.25 for Hornady Amax!

6.5 grendel is even worse. Saw some online dealers asking $2.50/round for Wolf steel case and $4.25 for Hornady Amax!
    Exactly. Imagine people laughing at match ammo prices way less than that. Yes it’s still laughable, sort of, but it is what it is. If you don’t like it scroll on, or speak up, instead of being a bitch and just posting emojis is my point. Not even me selling it just an observation. Tired of seeing it actually.

Interesting, the lack of response from all the keyboard warriors always clicking the 🤣 emoji on folk’s PX posts selling ammo and reloading components.

Just checking in to see what condition my condition is in. 🍻
    Who the fuck cares what you Jimmy?
    Go be a douchebag somewhere else You must be blind if you think there isn't scalping going on in the PX.

Who the fuck cares what you Jimmy?
    Go be a douchebag somewhere else You must be blind if you think there isn't scalping going on in the PX.
    It’s called supply and demand dummy. Look around and read the original statement on the cost to even reload precision ammo. A douchebag is the guy that takes cheap shots on PX posts doesn’t just speak up with their opinion.

A douchebag is the guy that takes cheap shots on PX posts doesn’t just speak up with their opinion.
    Good way to get banned.
    Go talk shit over there and see how long you last.
    Bottom line no one gives a fuck, really hard to not take a cheap shot at you since you come here sniveling like a poor.

Good way to get banned.
    Go talk shit over there and see how long you last.
    Bottom line no one gives a fuck, really hard to not take a cheap shot at you since you come here sniveling like a poor.
    I’m not selling anything. Quick way to get banned is breaking the rules. Not going on here.

Winchester M118LR 175g was introduced in North Texas at 3-3.5/rd this week.

I've been a supply vs demand is driving this market; but I have to say, I'm becoming a skeptic of this now. Generally when prices get to this level, the demand starts dropping off yet it hasn't. There has been some moderation down in price but not much. I'm wondering who is buying all this $4.00/rd ammo and other ammo that now, for the better part of 9-10 months has been at 5-6 times the previous price.

I'm now wondering to myself if the manufacturers are truly producing as much ammo as they claim or if they are selling it to ".gov" instead.

I've been a supply vs demand is driving this market; but I have to say, I'm becoming a skeptic of this now. Generally when prices get to this level, the demand starts dropping off yet it hasn't. There has been some moderation down in price but not much. I'm wondering who is buying all this $4.00/rd ammo and other ammo that now, for the better part of 9-10 months has been at 5-6 times the previous price.

I'm now wondering to myself if the manufacturers are truly producing as much ammo as they claim or if they are selling it to ".gov" instead.
    So this is really what the post was meant to stimulate. Thought.
    I’ve wondered myself if through cyclical learning, and some opportunistic advantage, bigger companies don’t wait for private sells to drive it to a point that they aren’t burning their clientele by selling for the current market. I’m not taking either side, necessarily, but more playing devil’s advocate. I appreciate your insight. Those buying, in my opinion, are the ones with financial ability or just want to shoot like the rest of us, yet didn’t plan ahead.
    Every time I send one down range, I could’ve sold it on here, or wherever, for the same price people are willing to pay...yet I send it anyway. 🍻

Reactions: BytorJr
    Hornady 6.5 PRC was 50 bucks a box at Academy yesterday. I paid 31 a box for FGMM .308 168s. Not terrible, but it's getting to be more costly to shoot.

Hornady 6.5 PRC was 50 bucks a box at Academy yesterday. I paid 31 a box for FGMM .308 168s. Not terrible, but it's getting to be more costly to shoot.
    Nice find and good on them. Yes it’s 50% higher than previously but they could charge more I suppose.

You can’t really count the price of brass that way if you’re reloading. Take the cost and then divide it by how many times you can load it. Still sucks but it’s not $1.50-$3 a pop for brass. If I can load it 10 times thats .15- .30.
    Definitely if reloading. I guess I just meant if you sold it off. Then 1x brass is lost at cost.

My 338 rounds are only about 6 bucks a round to reload so ive been having to grate food grade gold shavings into my powder to get them in the 10 dollar range.

I've been a supply vs demand is driving this market; but I have to say, I'm becoming a skeptic of this now.

:unsure:

Screenshot_20210505-071325.png

If any significant portion of the record number of 2021 sales are going to new shooters, there is your answer.

Reactions: scout0610
    Nice find and good on them. Yes it’s 50% higher than previously but they could charge more I suppose.

Academy never has gouged. They charge their cost plus their regular markup. They always have. Even during the Sandy Hook/Obama shortage, they, and Walmart, seemed to be the only one's that didn't gouge. Of course, they are not relying on ammo sales to put food on their family's tables.

In the interest of discussion, I wonder where the production, which all manufacturers claim is running at unprecedented levels, is going. I understand .mil is most likely getting there's first, followed by .gov, then probably state/county/city agencies, and then it's on to the largest orders of retailers, but it seems the production has not met the demands. I know of agencies at that state/county/city level that are experiencing shortages of certain types of ammo, namely 223, so I would have to assume there's a supply line shortage somewhere.

Bullets (actual projectiles, not just loaded ammo) are pretty easily available, though you may have to go with brand X instead of your usual brand Y. For instance, I can find the Barnes 140 Match Burners pretty regularly, but I haven't seen 14 ELDM in a while. I've seen powder popping up from time to time. I haven't seen primers with any regularity. So if the production is at unprecedented levels, where is it all going?

If any significant portion of the record number of 2021 sales are going to new shooters, there is your answer.
    I understand that to some extent; but I'm not sure how many virgin gun owners were buying guns. 50%? That seems very high. 10%? Regardless, that would account for things like 22LR, 9mm, 223 - all of the common rounds. However, things like 257 Roberts, 270 Win, 38 S&W, 300PRC, 6.5CM, 7mm Rem Mag are not things I'd think the virgin gun buyer is purchasing. Hell even 30-06 hasn't looked like the supply was coming back.

Now, the manufacturers could (most likely are) not producing ammo in those calibers and are focusing on 22, popular handgun rounds, popular rifle rounds, and that like. However, I went to look at shotgun shell last night and I was flabbergasted at how expensive #8 target (or practice clays stuff) cost now. At least a 4-5x increase in price - and it's actually somewhat difficult to find something like the higher end Rio, Fiocchi without breaking the bank. Then go try to find something like #4,#5,#6 in an actual high-velocity load for pheasant - again, very slim pickings and for obscene prices.

I also don't believe the average virgin gun owner would be the ones that are buying the expensive ammo. Simply put, this group of new owners would likely have put off purchase for either political beliefs "this could never happen" or are financially strapped to the point they just couldn't afford one (Hi-Point, SKYY, Kel-Tec excluded).

So, for me, it's as if something in the kitchen is beginning to spoil. Not saying it has; but it's now starting to look a bit strange - to me at least. I mean, when targetsportsusa doesn't have ANY ammo, they've either decided to pack it in or there is none left to purchase. They had to be a volume purchaser.

Today's hazmat delivery.
    Purchased from midway.

20210505_123949.jpg

Roll roll roll your own.

Don't give into resellers.
    Let them eat it.

• Love
    Reactions: Texasflyer
    I understand that to some extent; but I'm not sure how many virgin gun owners were buying guns. 50%? That seems very high. 10%? Regardless, that would account for things like 22LR, 9mm, 223 - all of the common rounds. However, things like 257 Roberts, 270 Win, 38 S&W, 300PRC, 6.5CM, 7mm Rem Mag are not things I'd think the virgin gun buyer is purchasing. Hell even 30-06 hasn't looked like the supply was coming back.

Now, the manufacturers could (most likely are) not producing ammo in those calibers and are focusing on 22, popular handgun rounds, popular rifle rounds, and that like. However, I went to look at shotgun shell last night and I was flabbergasted at how expensive #8 target (or practice clays stuff) cost now. At least a 4-5x increase in price - and it's actually somewhat difficult to find something like the higher end Rio, Fiocchi without breaking the bank. Then go try to find something like #4,#5,#6 in an actual high-velocity load for pheasant - again, very slim pickings and for obscene prices.

I also don't believe the average virgin gun owner would be the ones that are buying the expensive ammo. Simply put, this group of new owners would likely have put off purchase for either political beliefs "this could never happen" or are financially strapped to the point they just couldn't afford one (Hi-Point, SKYY, Kel-Tec excluded).

So, for me, it's as if something in the kitchen is beginning to spoil. Not saying it has; but it's now starting to look a bit strange - to me at least. I mean, when targetsportsusa doesn't have ANY ammo, they've either decided to pack it in or there is none left to purchase. They had to be a volume purchaser.

PVC resin sourced from China. Nobody can get the resin to make the plastic to make the shells.

It's also why a stick of conduit that cost me $30 last year is over $100 now.

PVC resin sourced from China. Nobody can get the resin to make the plastic to make the shells.

I just grabbed a box of the solid brass 12 guage shells on midway, but i grabbed 300 target winchester 12 guage rds at walmart the other day for 60 bucks.... and it was fresh cause i check back from time to time

Reactions: Snuby642
    I think everybody.. new gun owners and existing gun owners that didn't shoot consistently are all trying to stock up. When ammo, powder, primers are listed on a website, they are sold out within minutes, sometimes seconds.
    At the local Cabelas, you have a line of people outside 30 minutes before open every day waiting to jump on any ammo that may or may not be available.

Bring back paper shells...they smell so much better :). Ahhhh, the memories as a kid shooting blue Peters shells and red Winnies. Now I wish we didn't...worth a fortune.

Reactions: Snuby642