• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors 40 S&W vs 9mm

Re: 40 S&W vs 9mm

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1976769#Post1976769

These weren't ball rounds that hit Homie-The-Douchebag

By Brett Michael Dykes
Aug 9, 11:51 am ET

Yes, apparently a person can be shot 21 times and live to tell the tale — not that it's the sort of achievement that anyone is going to run out to emulate. Over the weekend, a Harlem man survived what some are calling a record number of bullet wounds and is now recovering at a New York City hospital.

Early Sunday, a fight broke out at a party in Harlem that spilled into the street. According to the police officers who arrived at the scene, Angel Alvarez was seen fatally shooting Luis Soto. When Alvarez turned his weapon on the officers, a fierce firefight broke out. More than 50 bullets were fired, almost all of them by the police. At least 21 of those bullets pierced Alvarez's body.

Luckily for Alvarez — whose criminal record includes at least eight prior arrests — none of the bullets hit his brain, heart or major arteries. His family members say that even though his arms, legs and torso were riddled with ammunition, Alvarez is "doing all right" and talking. It's believed he'll survive. A forensics expert told the New York Daily News' Simone Weichselbaum and Virginia Breen that Alvarez is probably the new holder of a somewhat dubious record.
"I would say more than 20 gunshot wounds is a record," Dr. Vincent DiMaio, a forensic pathologist who specializes in gunshot wounds, told the paper. "Of course, the real issue is where you get shot. One bullet can kill you, but believe it or not, a body can survive a lot of bullet wounds."

Meanwhile, some locals who witnessed the gunfight that left six people, including two cops, wounded are disputing the NYPD's version of events, saying that the officers — some of them in plainclothes — never identified themselves as law enforcement.

"Never once did you hear 'Freeze,'" Shariff Spencer told the New York Times' Trymaine Lee and Colin Moynihan. "Never once did you hear 'Stop.' Never once did you hear 'NYPD.'"

Through a spokesman, the NYPD has insisted that the use of force was justified, saying that Alvarez fired on the officers. It's been reported that the incident began with Alvarez and Soto arguing over a woman.

My glock 19 should be here today or tomorrow...learned alot reading all the posts, thanks for the input.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1976769#Post1976769

These weren't ball rounds that hit Homie-The-Douchebag
</div></div>

2 comments

1. If they were .40 S&W or .45 ACP or even .500 S&W for that matter, it probably wouldn't have made any difference. He was shot 21 times and they never hit anything that caused him to bleed out. Is he lucky? Sure. But it has nothing to do with the caliber of the gun they shot him with.

2. You are violating someone's copyright by posting the full text of an article on this forum. A few sentences and a link is fine, but you really shouldn't be copying and pasting an entire article.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Two things:

1) Perhaps

2) Blow me. </div></div>

I really have no idea why I find this so amusing, but I just can't friggin stop laughing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Two things:

1) Perhaps

2) Blow me. </div></div>

Made my day.

1) Perhaps

2) Blow me. </div></div>

Gotta love a man that says what he means and means what he says!

I just switched my "shooting steel and paper" pistol from a Para 16-40 to a (
eek.gif
GASP
eek.gif
) Glock 34.

For carry: 45acp. 9mm can expand, but 45's don't shrink.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

2. You are violating someone's copyright by posting the full text of an article on this forum. A few sentences and a link is fine, but you really shouldn't be copying and pasting an entire article.</div></div>

Really Douchbag. Why dont you go tell the teacher Mr. Hall monitor...... Damn, other peoples children.

I've seen alot of people who have been shot with handguns ranging from 22LR to Magnum revolvers. Nearly all of them lived. Handguns, usually don't work as an instant incapacitating tool. As a result, my training philosophy with a handgun is to shoot the badguy in the vitals with as many bullets as you can as quickly as you can.
Now, if you think along the same lines, then magazine capacity and recoil management are certainly factors to consider.
I get sick and tired of the pistol caliber debates when in reality, there are waaaay too many variables to consider before proclaiming one cartridge the king of handgun defensive cartridges.
Just remember: Shoot them good and shoot them alot and you may just win the fight. Being able to do this requires some practice and training on your part.
The G19 will be just as good as the G23. Invest your money saved on ammo into training and practice.

Have your cake and shoot it too !

I say go with the 9mm for all the reasons listed above, but if I were a cop I would go with a 40.

I carry a Glock 26 9mm for CHL and can keep all 13 rounds in the head of a silhouette target at 25 yards more easily than I can with a Glock 27, but that's just me.

45s ? who needs em ( I know those are fighting words )