• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

$400 ARs

Don't have to worry about standing in line at my local Walmart. The employees keep all of the ammo in the back and when a friend comes in they go back and get some and sell it to them. If you're there and you see it. You can ask all you want, but the employee will tell you they are all sold out.

This actually made the local paper but nothing has changed.
This!

Build relationships.

Reactions: black max
For the "I'd rather have a Colt" snobs, LOL, whatever, a local-ish dealer is selling the CR6920 on Gunbroker for $919 + CC fees. Arms Unlimited has the A4 version on sale for $999 right now. Those seem like pretty damn good prices even by historical standards, especially if we account for a modest 2% annual rate of inflation.

PSA is also advertising "blem" Toolcraft BCGs for $80-100, Brownells has sales on Geiselle triggers, I've seen $29 LPKs, etc. and so it would appear that parts are getting cheap again.

The "wE'LL neVeR sEe chEAp aR-15 rIFLes agAIn!!1!1!!" crowd are scooping up all these deals, right?

The ammo situation remains tight and I'm not going to make any bold predictions about $0.35/round 193 or 855 being right around the corner, but the supply seems to exceed demand at current prices judging by the stacks of cases at bigger stores and that's gotta lead to lower prices absent any additional surprises. This being 2021, there is a high likelihood of additional surprises, so maybe do a bit of dollar-cost averaging and at least buy enough to backfill whatever's getting expended during training.

Reactions: deersniper
Was there actually no rifling? Or was the lack of velocity + twist rate insufficient for the chosen cartridge?

Buyer beware on Palmetto. I bought a blem 10.5 upper to play around with.
Apparently the blem was the lack of rifling🤣. It keyholed 77 SMK's at 50 yards like it was it's job.

I had a white oak 16" that did that. Was a special backordered that took forever to get so I was really excited to try it out lol.

For the "I'd rather have a Colt" snobs, LOL, whatever, a local-ish dealer is selling the CR6920 on Gunbroker for $919 + CC fees. Arms Unlimited has the A4 version on sale for $999 right now. Those seem like pretty damn good prices even by historical standards, especially if we account for a modest 2% annual rate of inflation.

PSA is also advertising "blem" Toolcraft BCGs for $80-100, Brownells has sales on Geiselle triggers, I've seen $29 LPKs, etc. and so it would appear that parts are getting cheap again.

The "wE'LL neVeR sEe chEAp aR-15 rIFLes agAIn!!1!1!!" crowd are scooping up all these deals, right?

The ammo situation remains tight and I'm not going to make any bold predictions about $0.35/round 193 or 855 being right around the corner, but the supply seems to exceed demand at current prices judging by the stacks of cases at bigger stores and that's gotta lead to lower prices absent any additional surprises. This being 2021, there is a high likelihood of additional surprises, so maybe do a bit of dollar-cost averaging and at least buy enough to backfill whatever's getting expended during training.

I think we are in an inflationary period & 40cents a round might be the new "rock bottom" price for the cheapest of the cheap. Especially without the russian steel cased stuff rolling in. So now your AK will cost 308 prices to shoot.

Reactions: E. Bryant
I think we are in an inflationary period & 40cents a round might be the new "rock bottom" price for the cheapest of the cheap. Especially without the russian steel cased stuff rolling in. So now your AK will cost 308 prices to shoot.

Thankfully, I avoided excessive investment in things that shoot (previously) cheap Russian ammo. As a general rule, I've found more enjoyment from buying guns that I like to shoot as opposed to buying ones that ate cheap ammo.

The above statement notwithstanding, everyone still needs at least one gun chambered in 7.62x39. To suggest otherwise would be foolish, and probably unpatriotic.

A few THOUSAND to test reliability??

damn man, if you need to use 1/4 of your barrel life to feel its reliable, you might have trust issues.

or maybe im just too trusting.....but personally, if it runs through 10 mags without issue, i call it good.

1/4 of the barrel life? It's a 5.56, it'll run a long, long time.

And who doesn't need the extra training. It's not like you are forced to just blast into nothing to function check. Setup some steel and run drills.

I’ve been using a PSA 14.5” premium upper/PSA NiB BCG combo on my work rifle for the past 3 years. FN manufactured barrel, mid-length gas, and a pinned/welded A2 flash hider. Probably just under 3k rounds through it in that time (maybe not a crazy high round count for some, but I spend a lot more time training with my pistol based on probabilities). Never a malfunction, and I’ve been pretty impressed with the PSA MLOK handguard it came with. Admittedly, not amazing finish, but the MLOK is in spec and have had no issues attaching light and sling points. Feels the same as a coworkers BCM MCMR. I would buy the combo again, especially at the <$500 I paid.

I had a white oak 16" that did that. Was a special backordered that took forever to get so I was really excited to try it out lol.

Was there actually no rifling? Or was the lack of velocity + twist rate insufficient for the chosen cartridge?
Nope she looked like a chrome lined Colt just short the hills and valleys.
My friend and I purchased them the same night. His shot really well and mine, not so much. 😉

I have a couple PSA ARs and a a PSAK. Both run like tops.

Im not an ak guy, but the psak punches way above its weight class for $600. Much better than the CA offerings and way better build quality than the wasrs I’ve shot. I don’t shoot any of them regularly, but I’m confident in them.

Let’s put ALL the bullshit aside.

Any man here who thinks a PSA AR can’t shoot, I’ll gladly load 1 steel case round and let you pull the trigger w your hand wrapped tightly around the muzzle device

then we can discuss what works and what doesn’t.

any takers?
If you think that’s a good test of quality, you deserve PSA

If you think that’s a good test of quality, you deserve PSA
Can you define "quality" as it relates to a fighting tool?....then let us know how PSA is not meeting that definition?

Oh, good. I'm here before anyone pulled out their KAC.

Did you return it ?
I shot them an email with pictures and they never responded. I called and waited on hold over the course of a week with no answer. Eventually I just pulled the barrel and gave it to a friend who owns a gun shop. He was going to use it to show anyone who was asking why the mid/high tier AR's where so much 😆.
I have owned many Palmetto products over the years and have been plenty happy with them.
That experience and lack of customer service has kept me from purchasing any complete uppers from them. I will just assemble them from now on.

No better Q.C. guy than the one pulling the trigger👆

- Jon

• Wow
I shot them an email with pictures and they never responded. I called and waited on hold over the course of a week with no answer. Eventually I just pulled the barrel and gave it to a friend who owns a gun shop. He was going to use it to show anyone who was asking why the mid/high tier AR's where so much 😆.
I have owned many Palmetto products over the years and have been plenty happy with them.
That experience and lack of customer service has kept me from purchasing any complete uppers from them. I will just assemble them from now on.

No better Q.C. guy than the one pulling the trigger👆

- Jon

I think they are just super busy nowadays, the 120$ lower I bought took forever to ship out. Ordered August 10th and it didn't show up until three days ago.

Nows the time to make sure your right minded friends and family all have at least one AR and some ammo /mags

An armed populace keeps things in check

Reactions: camocorvette
CEB9E8E5-D72D-49CC-B5E4-DD9D908DB9C6.png
2F9A9C08-E95C-477A-A128-ECB1E572CE61.png

Reactions: TicTacTex
I've been on the fence about their AR pistol kit. A few years ago I bought their AR carbine kit to shoot for 3 Gun, sadly not a lot in my area. The carbine shoots great, trigger isn't quite as nice as a 2 stage match trigger but is better than most of the single stages I've shot. I've never shot it off of a bag but I have shot it in a couple of 100 NMC courses, it has a little looser group at 100 yards than my Rock Rivers or Satern barrel. One jam due to a blown primer from someone's bag of surplus ammo at a match (Someone picked up and shot my mag of Wolf Gold and topped it off with their surplus left overs.) Only complaint I have is it is a pinned front sight and it is canted slightly left.