• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

408 BRASS

PRINCE 51

Private
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2011
I FOUND SOME SITES THAT SELL 408 BRASS.
(1)MIDWAY USA=$105.99(20)+SHIPPING-3 MONTHS DELIVERY TIME
(2)HUNTINGTON,S=$71.99(20)+SHIPPING
(3)HULSEN-HORNEBER OF GERMANY=$71.98(20)+SHIPPING

Re: 408 BRASS

Who are the manufacturers? All I know of is Jameson and Bertram. I own 200 pieces of Bertram .408 and the weight and neck thickness is very inconsistent. Would be nice to have some alternatives....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: star advertiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
(3)HULSEN-HORNEBER OF GERMANY=$71.98(20)+SHIPPING</div></div>

That's probably the best .408 brass you will find, but it's traditionally been very hard to get in volume.

Nowhere on that site can I find 408 brass. I have sent alot of e-mails with no response.

From what i heard from different sources, the only way to get this 408 brass from Horneber in germany is to order a large quantity which will make it feasible for them to manufacture which makes a lot of sense. They won,t take small orders.There is someone on Longrangehunting.com that has new Jamison brass for sale. David Vier,s of Black Diamond Rifles say,s that the Jamison brass is very good and very consistent.

The 408 Jamison brass was in stock and on clearance at Midway at the end of August. I purchased 100 cases for $220 ($123 off normal retail). I haven't tried it yet, but one heck of a deal. The two reviews on Midway were both 5 stars.

So would the regular price be $343.00 for 100 pieces at Midway?Seem,s fair enough to me since the Bertram 408 brass at Midway is $5.30 each and as Starbuck say,s that the Bertram brass is inconsistent.
I think that I will purchase some of that Jamison 408 brass from the guy on Longrangehunting.com. I will keep you guy,s posted.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: star advertiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So would the regular price be $343.00 for 100 pieces at Midway?Seem,s fair enough to me since the Bertram 408 brass at Midway is $5.30 each and as Starbuck say,s that the Bertram brass is inconsistent.
I think that I will purchase some of that Jamison 408 brass from the guy on Longrangehunting.com. I will keep you guy,s posted.

</div></div>

I can't find it listed on Midway any more.

Hi i just got back from the range testing a 375 ShipeTac fireforming 375 CheyTac Bertram brass. so the loads we settled on had an es of 7 for 5 shots then at 800 yards the group was 1.5" high and 3" wide so the brass worked very well.

the problem now is that CheyTAc has apparently had a legal battle with jammison and the outcome was that Jammison can now no longer sell any CheyTac brass to the civillian market. It was reported to me from a reputable source so if you can get brass i would stock up on it.

as a side note i had to run the 300gr Accubonds for the customer i am testing the rifle for it has a 30" barrel and with 140gr Retumbo we were right at 3300fps and the cases were loaded 5 times already and the primer pockets are nice and tight. we had to drop the velocity to 3200fps for them to shoot. also were running the 350gr MatchKings with up to 136gr but they shot best below that.

Please dont go loading straight to any loads i mentioned as they could be to hot in your rifles.

I purchased the 408 brass from the gentleman on sniper,s hide and it was very nice stuff(2 star Jamison,s).He was very prompt with the delivery and a pleasure to talk to. He only has 200 pieces left the last time we spoke.

Anyone interested in some 408 cheytac brass, pm me, I can put you in touch with someone who has 2000pcs he'd like to dump.
$280.00 per 100 2 star
$300.00 per 100 Match
He will do 50rd bags.
Miles

I know of a place you can buy 408 Cheytac Jamison 2 star brass for $260 a hundred. If you want the number shoot me a pm.