• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes 40MM tube!

Anchor Zero Six

Problem Solver
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2007
Corona Komifornia
New IOR 40mm tube, good thing it includes rings.

IMAG0073.jpg

Impressive list of features but the thing is a beast!

Re: 44MM tube!

Hell if the tube sizes keep going up we maynot have to worry with night vision much longer. LOL

Well to be fair its 52 power with 25 mil per rev 100 mil total elev.

Dont know when its going to be released...hell for all I know the KGB is tracking me down for posting the pic
wink.gif

Has some neat features like dual zero settings and ball detents to indicate the ranging magnifications at two MOA positions and one MIL position. The zero stop is different and pretty neat as well.

My buddy got it and supposedly only a handfull in the US so I dont want to say anything I shouldnt so I wont go beyond the info already out there. BTW its an IOR "Terminator"

The scope you are speaking of is actually 40, not 44 and has been released here.

I know a couple people who have used it and they say it is bad ass. Was actually used on one of my rifles for load development.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: excaliber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That big of a tube with only 100moa. </div></div>

How many MOA does the 12-42 NF have ???? not even half as much....... opps..

Ive had one for 3 months, I got told it was probably the first one sold...I don't know about that... but it was only a couple of weeks since it was made when I got, also it has white markings on the elevation turrent & my second one has red & green lines & maybe more, haven't used that one yet.

I have used it on my 260 out to 1280 & the other weekend my 416B out to 1470, the optics are very nice, noticably better than my 5.5-22x56 NPR1 20moa Zero stop.

The reticle is great & has 20moa left, right, above & 25 below, with an illuminated dot in the middle.

I do really like the 25moa turn knobs, they are big but very manageable, with zero stop.

It is a very big scope & the more I use it the more I like it
cool.gif

So it's not FFP, and only has 85 MOA out of a 40mm tube?

I'm confused on this one.

1 MOA per space @ 25.5x power
1 MIL and 1/2 MIL per space @ 14x power
1/2 MIL and 1/4 MIL per space @ 28x power

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dieselgeek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So it's not FFP, and only has 85 MOA out of a 40mm tube?

I'm confused on this one.

1 MOA per space @ 25.5x power
1 MIL and 1/2 MIL per space @ 14x power
1/2 MIL and 1/4 MIL per space @ 28x power </div></div>

The OP got the specs wrong on his post.

It is second focal plane.
It has 100 moa total, four turns.
Reticle is 1 moa @ 26 power, 0.5 moa @ 52, mil @ 14.4, there is detents on 14.4 & 26 power

Just reviewed my posts I didnt say it was FFP or SFP at all.

Yes its SFP and its a prototype for a specific project and does in fact have 3 detents 2 for MOA and one for MIL ranging. Makes sense as the ret is only a scale and on a SFP at some point across the magnification range the scale will equal either MOA or MIL, all they did was put an indicator at the given powers that correspond to the scale.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anchor Zero Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just reviewed my posts I didnt say it was FFP or SFP at all.

</div></div>

Sorry I shouldn't have included that bit in my post, I meant it as a reply.

Awesome scope
cool.gif

I got to handle one at the Tulsa Gun Show today. Seriously, you could beat someone to death with this scope.

The millet only has 35mm tube and give 140moa of adjustment. And there a way cheaper scope

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: .260rem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The millet only has 35mm tube and give 140moa of adjustment. And there a way cheaper scope </div></div>

Millett glass is no where near IOR glass, and the turrets are mush... but thanks for playing. btw- The millet LRS has long track record of flawed units being sent out, just read some of the reviews on the net. IOR is a whole different ballgame, they are a high-end maker like NF, shmidt, etc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: .260rem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The millet only has 35mm tube and give 140moa of adjustment. And there a way cheaper scope </div></div>

Thanks, you owe me a keyboard and a clean shirt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondakilla98</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a huge scope. Too bad I'll never be able to afford it. </div></div>

It's a pip squeak compared to a USO SN-9 with 80mm AO.

I wasn't saying they were in anyway better. Just comparing adjustment. If I said millett was better you put those words in there not me.

Re: 40MM tube!

This scope is ridiculous huge, however those saying it "only" has 100 MOA of elevation is crazy. For a 12-52 mag scope I'd say 100 MOA is pretty amazing. What other scopes with that mag range have that much elevation? None I can think of.

I thought my scope was pretty big as I have the IOR 3.5-18 but good god that thing probably makes a 50 cal look normal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's essentially a top shelf spotting scope with a reticle. Purpose specific, but nothing else comes close to date, IMO

Scott
</div></div>

Send one off to ILYA for a review.
smile.gif
I'm curious to know if the glass is better than Hensoldt,S&B or Premier in a side by side comparison.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's essentially a top shelf spotting scope with a reticle. Purpose specific, but nothing else comes close to date, IMO

Scott
</div></div>

Send one off to ILYA for a review.
smile.gif
I'm curious to know if the glass is better than Hensoldt,S&B or Premier in a side by side comparison. </div></div>

That would be a good comparison. I've looked through them all. I'll say looking through the Terminator you will not be pining for the others. But who am I, I'm biased b/c I sell them
smirk.gif

Glass is one notch below schmidt, premier, hensolt, like all IOR, but is far, far, far better than nightforce. Far better.

You dont buy a nightforce for the glass, nor should you buy this for the glass, but it is many times above NF, so be confident you will be very, very happy.

Its a scope for a specific purpose. You wouldn't put BORS on a CQB rifle, just like you wouldn't use this for hunting or genuine 'tac' matches, necessarily.

Its an amazing scope. I was watching Gregs hits at 1500 yards, I could tell him the group size without using the reticle, it feels like your 10 feet away, I could clearly make out each individual hole in the dirt bank from 90g bergers at 1300. Thats clear glass.

Then I realised I was on 26 power. On 52 power you could probably see the sandflies on the steel at 1500, no joke.

Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crnkin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Its an amazing scope. I was watching Gregs hits at 1500 yards, I could tell him the group size without using the reticle, it feels like your 10 feet away, I could clearly make out each individual hole in the dirt bank from 90g bergers at 1300. Thats clear glass.

Then I realised I was on 26 power. On 52 power you could probably see the sandflies on the steel at 1500, no joke.

Chris </div></div>

+1 on the comments. I have one. You have to look through one to understand, it is a great specific application scope.