• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

40X Models

SuperMag

Private
Minuteman
Sep 4, 2022
NY
I recently picked up a 40X and am trying to find out exactly which model it is. It's a repeater with an HS precision stock with adjustable comb on it. I've seen a few very similar 40XB, but they don't have an adjustable comb. I can't find one identical online. Were these used by police or were they strictly bench guns?

Fine rifles that were made for Match shooting.

Here is mine with a tune up, it’s a great rifle that shoots any of the well known accuracy loads pretty easy. It just isn’t a fussy eater..

Attachments

• B0CECD21-A5E0-4C74-A44B-C8F9C3DB224A.jpeg
    B0CECD21-A5E0-4C74-A44B-C8F9C3DB224A.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 89
Reactions: gatorbait308
The H-S Precision Pro Series Tactical stock PST025 came with aluminum bedding block, adjustable lop & adjustable cheek piece. They also used the McMillan A5 Tactical adjustable stock that required epoxy bedding. Your model is probably called the 40-XB TACTICAL. Basically the Remington Custom Shop would build anything the customer, or wholesale distributor, requested. Pictures would help.

The 40-XB PRECISION, 40-XB RANGEMASTER, and 40-XBBR BENCHREST were other models they catalogued, but usually came with epoxy bedded stocks.

In the Remington 40-X series there was also a 40-XC model and the 'XC' meant 'across the course' to most of the shooters back in the day.

Some time ago I posted an example of a 40-XC, as stamped on the receiver as well as two clones as seen in the attached photo.

On the table, the 40-XC is the rifle to the front and the other two are the clones.

Attachments

• 102_4342.JPG
    102_4342.JPG
    557.1 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: Average guy