• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

45 acp powder

If you bought an 8-lb'r from them, shipped with all the fee's it would be $21/LB

Right now I would not argue with that price, if you can find it/buy it cheaper locally I would do so.

Powder valley's shipping is right in line with every other online vender.

The hazmat fee is charged by UPS.

Best thing is to get together with some others and bulk order. The same hazmat fee applies to up to 50 pounds of powder.

Another vote here for HP-38. That's all I use for 9mm, 45 ACP, and 38spl. My favorite load for the 45 is 5.6gr, 230 Zero JHP, and seated between 1.230-1.240. Tested with CCI, RP, Fed, and Win primers...shoots excellent out of my M&P and Dan Wesson 1911 Govt. Easily makes PF if you shoot IDPA/etc. Bunny fart load is 5.0gr, stout load up to 5.8gr (be sure to work up to these numbers as it may be too hot for your gun). 5.6gr also works for the 230gr Zero RN, seated to 1.260.

I believe you will find that WW 231 not only works well in .45 but it also works well in most handgun rounds. And in times like this just buying one power for most if not all your handgun shooting is a real good idea.