• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

45 and 9 on Dillon 650

Bullseye is probably one of my favorites with the Dillon powder measure, though even really fine powders like AA#5 or AA#7 have done very well. Just be sure to take apart the slide bars occasionally and clean them really well with rubbing alcohol.

Keep the 650 clean and it'll keep running great.

I'll second the Bullseye recommendation. I used that for my initial loads and liked it. Not sure why I switched to another powder, maybe due to availability most likely, but I'm going back to Bullseye when I can get some more. Have around 1500 rnds of 45 and 9mm loaded up so wont need to real soon....depending on how many matches I can make it to this spring. I load just to make power factor for IPSC comps with Berry 185 HBRN and I like it. The 9mm are just plinking/practice rounds for my wife so nothing is very critical there. I'd give you my load specs but I'm at work and dont recall 'em off the top of my head.

Good choice (650XL), I really enjoy mine. And...just a note if you dont already know if you havent loaded 45 before...there are small primer and large primer brass. When I first started I had some small primer brass mixed in with the lot of 2000 I bought and I had was about to tear my hair out until I figured out what was going on. Just make sure to buy sorted large primer only (or small primer only) brass to match what primers you have. If you already knew this then you are ahead of the curve than I was when I first started.

When you get tired of cleaning the burned residue of the Bullseye, try VV N-340 about 5.9 grains under a 230 FMJ That'll get you just over 850 fps out of a 1911. Or out of my 3 anyway.

I've had good luck with unique but it became in short supply here lately. I switched to something else but for the life of me I can't think of it now! I guess that's what happens when you load by the thousands and don't have to do it again for a while.

Victor does have a point about Bullseye as it is a dirty bastard, but it's cheaper and easier to find than VV. One of these days I'd love to try some VV for my 45s, but I just cannot get a large enough supply for me to justify a change as the availability is spotty at best.

If you can find it, Winchester Autocomp meters extremely well from the Dillon powder system, and runs clean. I really like it, but it's nearly impossible to find along with 90% of the other powders out there (at least in my area). I've also had good results from N340 and 3N37 in the past as well.

I know that CFE Pistol is hitting a lot of shelves right now too but it's really an unknown right now as it's brand new.

Thanks guys, As for the small and large primers, I have been through that before. I have loaded some on a single stage but after 100 rounds decided I would never do it again. Well I moved out and got a house a few weeks ago so I have been setting up my new gun room and have more bench space so I finally got a Dillon 650 like I have wanted and the Giraud annealer now that I have room.

Walter

I use Titegroup for 9mm, 45, and 40. It's very smokey with lead but for 9mm and 40, I use coated heads, and don't have any complaints.

I use Winchester Super Target (WST) for .45 with a 200-gr cast bullet. Metering has been precise.

Richard

Hp-38/win 231. That's all I use and never had an issue. Runs very clean in all pistol calibers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk