• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 45 carry ammo

Re: 45 carry ammo

I seem to remember some issue with Magtech but for the life of me I can't remember what it was.

Corbon, Hornady, Winchester, Federal,etc. They are all decent. Pick one of the quality defensive loads and then think about shot placement over ammo.

That said, I'm using standard pressure Federal HST

There are several excellent choices any of which will produce the results they are designed for. I prefer the excellent Winchester SXT 230g for normal CCW use. I recently moved into a townhouse and now I realize I need to think about overpenetration of this round for my nightstand 45. The lesson is one must choose the round that best fits the circumstances you may need it for.

What about those Glazer rounds?

Anyone use those for protection these days? Would think that would be goodf or overpenetration.

I've got hydrashocks and Hornady and the Winchester Ranger SXT.

I carry Ranger T's in my 1911 and M&P .45 they run 100% reliable and groups are tight. I also like what I have read about the penetration testing of these. If it gets no expansion it is still a .45!

I have 230gr Ranger Ts in my Kimber. Before I bought those I called Kimber and asked them in their experience what hollow point rounds were the most reliable in their guns and they stated gold-dots were a little less reliable due to the wider mouth.

I, too, have a TRP which is my daily carry. I use WWB 230gr JHP as my carry ammo. I have never had any issues using it in my TRP.

My mentality is: if the occasion ever arises, (and I hope it never does), some prosecutor won't be able to tell the jury about how I carry 'more deadly' ammunition than what anyone can buy at Wally World.