• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.45 Colt 250gn Hi-Tek coated bullets.

Jscb1b

Dumbass.
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2018
Arizona
Has anyone used Hi-Tek coated bullets? What are the pros and cons?

I havent tried them in the 45 colt yet but I tried them in my 44 mag handgun and I like them. My handgun is ported and I always got some leading that was a pain to remove I havent noticed any with the Hi-tek bullets

I have used Hi Tek coated bullets from Acme and Missouri Bullet Co., and have been very pleased. I've loaded them in .45 Colt, .44 Mag, .38 Spcl., 45 ACP and 45-70. They are cleaner to handle when loading, keep barrels cleaner (less leading) than uncoated bullets and give you ability to achieve higher velocities without gas checks. Really like the cleaner barrels though. Highly recommended!

Reactions: Jscb1b
I tried my first batch of reloads today. 250gn acme hi-tec over 12 and 12.2gn of blue dot. Accuracy is good, they shot to point of aim. I'm going to try 12.4 and 12.6 next. I am going to run those over a chrony. That is with a heavy roll crimp and wolf large pistol primers.

I tried 12.4 and 12.6 today. Velocity for both loads is 1000 fps to 1100 fps. I'm going to drop back to 12 and 12.2 over the chrony.