• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

457 At One Barricade Stop?

BLJ

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 3, 2020
After purchasing I installed an extended mag release and I`m using 10/13 round magazines. My issue is that the mag relaese and magazines are very "exposed". My concerns are jamming zomething up tdying to get a rest. Are there any good options that I could install with minimal issues or fabrication? Im looking for function over form but not obtrusive either. Thanks.

not sure what your specifically looks like but on our 457 mtr I went with the area 419 arca rail with barricade stop it connects its mounted about 4 inches in front of the mag release nothing has even come close to hitting it and there is room to manually press the release and still have it use if need be
1606270715481.png

mine is 4 fingers more forward than the pic here .
if I remember correctly the rail from area 419 comes with everything needed to mount at least for the mtr you could call them to make sure it does or does not . but its wasn't more than simple fasteners nothing you could not pick up at a store or gun smith .
I just did not get the gun through them .

Last edited:
How does it mount? Screws or holes drilles through then bolts?

How does it mount? Screws or holes drilles through then bolts?
Uses T-nuts in the barrel channel that you counter sink and run a bolt into from the rail, if you dont already had sling swivel mounts. It sounds worse then it really is

Reactions: acudaowner
I may look into that a little more. Thanks.