• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

458 SOCOM question

Bocephus1776

Private
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2020
Missouri
I'm going to be building a 458 next year. I already bought an Aero XL upper for it. I'm going to run a Tromix 12" barrel and Tromix bolt and BCG. After looking more at Tromix's site I see that they recommend a billet upper. Someone who's built a few already also recommended a billet. Has anyone had an issues with a forged xl upper? Should I just use that upper for something else and get the billet from Tromix?

I accidently started the first two (2) 458 SOCOM ARFCOM GROUP Buys from TEPPO JUTSU with Marty ter Weeme.

Tony & Marty, you wonderful bastages, I READ YOUR SOCOM HISTORY!!!

ARFCOM got pissed {@ 2002 & 2003}, for not getting their cut. I understand, being a FE&C kinda guy using someone's site to get a Group Buy going.

A forged upper is MOAR than OK. All of mine are VLTOR MUR-1As, BUTT!!! I had a Rainier Arms 2nd Gen upper done by Thomas [owner of Paladin Machine Services] and have no qualms at to it's fire fight capabilities. The RA's upper is a gift to my brother, Louis, who/whom I would step in front of a da-da-damn slow bus for.

Here is the thread & place to ask and hang-out at: Big Bore is the Patron Saint of SOCOMs.

Yes, the thread is another example of FPNI: first post nails it.

I found the friggin thread!!! This really is a kewl 19yo 13 page ARFCOM thread.

BTW, I'm a 458, 375 and 358 SOCOM kinda guy. Don't want no FOP, gDagNaBit. Next year will be two (2) decades.

Remember 1st Rule of SOCOM CLUB: Big Bore is the Patron Saint of SOCOM cartridges. Talk About it.

Last edited:
head-scratcher-confused.gif