• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

45acp SMALL primer

Jackalope33B

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2010
Sunny Florida
Is there a market for Small Primer 45acp? I have about 3k or so rounds mixed in with large primer cases. Before i sorted all of them I would like to know if there is any interest in them.

I'm sure there is. I've got a buddy that loads on a single stage so he doesn't care either way. I load on a 550 so if the machine is set for large then that's what I'm doing. I just set them aside then trade one for one with him. I don't have the quantity that you have though. Since you have that many and with things the way they are now you may think about sorting and keeping them. What machine are you loading on?

I'm sure right now there is a market for them. They probably won't sell as fast as the large, but there better than nothing.

Jack- turn on your PM's and send me one- I reload 45/ Small Primer and would be more than happy to take them off your hands.

I will use them for USPSA matches if it's a dead brass match. I will re-size/de-prime them, primer them with a Lee hand primer,and then run them back through my progressive die minus decapper and primers. They are a pain-in-the-ass in a progressive press if one gets mixed with large pistol brass...

I always tell folks to hold onto them and load them as a batch. Looks like you found someone to take them.

Ill gladly take them off ur hands I dont care what primer they have for just shooting. Let me know if u still have them and what you want for them. Thanks

What is a dead brass match

Probably one where either you aren't allowed to, or it wouldn't be practical to, pick up your brass after shooting a stage.

sawgunner nailed it. A lot of times there just isn't time to stop and pick up your brass between stages, or you're moving so much during stages that the brass is scattered all over the range.

[MENTION=41186]Jackalope33B[/MENTION] I got your PM- have tried responding to it a few times, however I'm not sure if any of them went thru. I hit submit message but then afterwards none of them are in my Sent Items folder (even though I checked the box to do so). If you didn't receive them send me another PM (since you're apparently able to send them) with a phone #.

Last edited: