• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 45cal muzzle loader information needed

sid

Lefty
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Tn
im thinking of buying a 45 cal muzzle loader, i want something medium quality and i have some wishes

i want to thread the muzzle for a suppressor ( i have a maxim 50 and am happy with it except that the base rifle is pretty low quality ( plastic and Trigger)
since i want to shoot suppressed, i cant use sabots, is there a good selection of bullets that dont use sabots?
i dont want a long barrel, aiming for 16" but i can always have a gunmith cut it down.
oh and im a lefty so i can only use ambi break open muzzle loaders, and i dont like the look of the old fashioned flintlock style rifles

and off coarse the only purpose is hunting, mostly within 100 yards

anything else i should know about 45 cal muzzle loaders?

Looking forward to anything coming in this thread. I was going to suggest the Maxim 50, as I have one I haven't even gotten dirty yet but, you struck that off the list. On yours, what optic are you using? I'm bouncing around with a few options.

im using a MRO on it, but i use the maxim only for subsonic shooting ( 385gr solid lead slugs)
its super quiet and the impact is insane

I ended up with a smokeless muzzleloader shooting smooth sized bullets. 300 grain bullet at 2800fps
832AE321-A794-43D6-968F-60623297352A.jpeg

Reactions: sid
thats pretty!
is that based on a standard rem700 action? and how does that work?

Yes, its based on a 700 action. It uses primer modules with large rifle primers. The breech plug is machined into the shank of the barrel. Sub moa to 500yards. Check out arrowhead sporting goods

thanks, that could work pretty well, i guess ill have to look for another Left hand Action :)

I have a smokeless ML built off of an old Remington 700ML. I have one that built that uses 209 primers and another that uses the modules. If I had it to do over again I would just get a bbl and screw it on my Impact and go shooting during ML season.