• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

45lc catastrophic failure 45lc pic heavy

*greenhorn*

Minuteman
Aug 24, 2011
Daytona, Fl
this as you can tell from the title is not a bolt gun but i thought you would appreciate the storie.

yesterday i had a catastrophic failure of my pride and joy mu Taurus 45lc, Taurus told me their was no problem and they would replace due to the fact its a life time warranty. thank god no one was hurt. a guy behind me said the back strap missed my head by inches.

i have shoot this gun 100's of times and it "was" a very very good gun, i was shooting factory win ammo so becarefull

no one was hurt in this thank god their was 2 guy's with in 5 ft of me and 8-10 with in 10 feet.

win was cool about it as well, i shot 12 rounds loaded up the 5th shot was a mis fire the 6th the failure, i believe the round went off the cylinder gave way discharging the 5th round resulting in these pics, the cylinder center pin was a "b" to get out but range master had to verify clear and safe, and who knows i could have missed counted, but alls well no one was hurt, i received a small nick on my left knuckle about 1/8 x 1/8 very lucky day

IMG_0934.jpg
IMG_0933.jpg

IMG_0932.jpg
IMG_0931.jpg

IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0929.jpg

IMG_0928.jpg

IMG_0924.jpg
IMG_0926.jpg

Re: 45lc catastrophic failure 45lc pic heavy

You contact the ammo mfg and let them know? What lot# were you using?

Glad you are safe and that no one was injured. Sorry about the SA Taurus.

Glad your OK Cowboy1978
I saw one get a crack in the cylinder once but nothing like that. It's totally blown apart you really are lucky to be posting this with only a knuckle buster.
Never really thought about that before but thanks for posting. If I ever have a misfire with mine I'll be sure to remove it before hitting the next round. Thanks.
You just never know...

So by your description, it sounds like round #5 didn't fire and when you advanced the cylinder to round #6 and fired again that's when it decided to go... A delayed detonation of round #5 when it was out of battery. Am I reading right?

WOW!!!... You certainly were lucky no one got hurt! Let that be a lesson to us all. Although I've never had it happen to me, hang-fires are real... And real Dangerous! Always count to 30 before removing a "dud" from battery!!!

yea im sure it was something like that hell the shock from #6 might have set the primer off no telling, all walked away thank the good lord. no family around wife and kids in fl that was good thing no one had to make that call.

i have had 2 miss fires and 1 hang fire in last 3 months my 308 i dont know whats going on with win ammo???

but they where cool on the phone im not intending on any law suite or anything like that. no one was hurt no foul, same with turaus just want gun fixed.