• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing 45lc catastrophic failure 45lc pic heavy

Re: 45lc catastrophic failure 45lc pic heavy

If he didn't have that misfire before it grenaded I might agree with that statement.
Having a misfire in a weapon and not stopping to make sure nothing is in the barrel or at least looking at the cartridge to make sure the lead is still in it?

It sounds to me like the OP didn't use even basic safety precautions and it almost cost him.
I'd say <span style="font-weight: bold">he</span> "got off easy" not Taurus.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobcatT870</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Taurus is the issue. The frame should not have come appart after a squib. A quality gun would have stacked them into the barrel, not blown up. </div></div>

+1 on that one.. quality control. it is made in Brasil.. go figure

Taurus bought some Beretta machines to make stuff like their version of the 92fs which I have a runs flawlessly. So its the same machines, just different company running it. Not sure about this particular case though.