• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sidearms & Scatterguns 460 Rowland conversion on glock 21

knuckleballz

Elk Hunter
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2013
I've got a gen 2 glock 21 that I don't shoot much. I have read a lot about the 460 Rowland conversion that can be done by rechambering a 45 acp barrel to accept the 460. I would like to go with the lone wolf 6.6 inch threaded barrel, solid long slide, muzzle break and 22lb. Spring. I also read that for reliability I should replace my glock magazine springs with stronger springs for better feeding. Has anyone had any experience with the 460 Rowland? Or experience with lone wolf products?

No experience with Lone Wolf. Getting ready to order my threaded and rechambered barrel and comp from them. you need a comp or a ported barrel from my experience with the 460 conversion in a 1911.

For ease, I plan to use the 22 lb captured spring available on the Rowland website. I am also going with the factory slide since the comp adds length already. I will probably try it with some gen 4 mags I have to see how it runs. Replace springs as necessary.

Its fun to shoot and I am planing to get some flat nosed hard cast to sling out of it. Right now I have 200 XTPs clocking about 1500 fps (loaded them last summer and didnt go dig out loading book with data). Im using Power Pistol and it works smooth. I also got all my brass from Starline directly.

check out 460rowland.com. I'd be a little leary about using a re chambered 45acp barrel, id much rather use a barrel designed for the 460 rowland. I'm planning a conversion on a xd in the near future.

I have a glock 40 that I have been shooting with a 200 grain hard cast , power pistol, starline brass load at 1350 fps. The 6 inch barrel and slide isn't a problem for drawing from my chest holster. I'm not sure how drawing will be with the 6.6inch lone wolf barrel, compensator, and gap between the stock glock 21 slide. I was thinking the long barrel /long slide would help absorb energy, slowing the slide down to help with feeding from the mag and reducing recoil for follow up shots. The long slide would fill the gap up to the compensator to make drawing smoother also. I might hold off on the slide and see how it works with the barrel, comp, and recoil spring.

I went with the 5.75 inch threaded barrel. I think it is a good compromise after the compensator is added. Time to order some brass and hard cast bullets.

I have a kind of home-built 460R conversion on my G21 at the moment. Lone Wolf barrel (5.2"; stock length plus extended for muzzle threads), Lone Wolf compensator, and a Sprinco heavy duty recoil spring/guide rod. I have only taken it out once, and that was a few years ago... so my memory may be a bit fuzzy on it.

Anyhow, I do recall that I had some feeding problems with it that may be rectified with either stronger or doubled mag springs. It wouldn't always grab the next round, but hand-cycling worked 100%.

I can tell you that it's a, uh, handful... to shoot... :)

There is no difference I can see between the barrel that Lone Wolf extends the chamber 1/8" on and the one that comes from Rowland. their barrels are of high quality, maybe not the highest and good enough. They have experience and are comfortable with it as they openly offer it as a service on their website.

I can attest it has a thump. Running it out of a steel 5" 1911 its got a good recoil. Not bad and I have a good time shooting it. Cant wait to have it going in the G21!!

What chest rig you using? I was going to get a gcode to run several ways as needed by activity. I like the chest rig for fishing, headed to AK in July with my daughter.

Just got my barrel and parts today. Damn that 24 lb spring has a lot of tension! I've been waiting on my custom hard cast bullets from a local bullet maker, but it is time to load up some 230 grain test loads and head to the range

I shot one at the range the other day and all I can say is WOW!!! That set-up is the beast of all beasts even with a compensator on the pistol. Its the real deal. Maybe I'm not man enough to handle it for now.

I shot a buddies Delta Elite (10mm frame) chambered in 460 Rowland (the pistol is a one off) a couple of weekends ago. That is a man's pistol. 13 grains of power makes a hell of a bang.

I run 12.2 of power pistol in my 1911 .460 conversion. You know you shot it and I love it!

I want to change my bullets to some hard cast with hardness of 22 from Montana bullets and will do some more in depth load testing then. I have a friend who uses their bullets for his 45-70 and was impressed with the company. I have spoke with them at length and cant say enough about their friendliness and helpfullness. they heat treat for that hardness so they stay intact when they hit heavy bone.

Gonna order my barrel and parts here shortly!

I shot a buddies Delta Elite (10mm frame) chambered in 460 Rowland (the pistol is a one off) a couple of weekends ago. That is a man's pistol. 13 grains of power makes a hell of a bang.

My 460 makes one hell of a bang one flame thrower too....though it uses 48 grains of powder

Glock used to say you could not do a 460 Rowland on the 21. A buddy that worked for Glock LE had me build one to prove you could. Simply rechambered a 6in 45ACP barrel, made a comp and used a 24# spring. No issues.

From the dead......

Kit is all together. Other stuff in life slowed it all down by a few months from my plan. I did get the Lone Wolf barrel and had them rechamber. I went ahead with their stainless full length guide rod and a 24 lb flat spring. Getting that set was something! Still easier to assemble than the Clark 460 kit I have for my 1911 (thanks to a hide member).

A friend bought me a present, some Underwood Ammo boxes in 460 loaded with 200 gr Lehigh Extreme Penetrators for my AK trip with my kid. They clock 1400 fps per the box (kinda slow for a 200 gr) and are supposed to penetrate close to 30". I question the depth and know they wont deform on bone being solid so I fee pretty good with them.
I will also shoot some of my 200 gr XTP load just to see how she runs with them. May use them for deer season if I can get close enough.
I have my weekly range day on Thursday and will report back how she goes.

Cant wait to see the flame thrower in action!

Just got back from my montana pre elk hunt scouting trip/fishing. Finally got some 225 grain hard cast loads made up with a load of 12.5 grains power pistol. I am very impressed! Velocity on 10 rounds was low of 1460 and a high of 1475. No signs of pressure on the starline brass or primers. I was able to shoot all 20 rounds into a 6 inch circle from 30 feet. The recoil management and follow up shots were a lot easier than I expected. Definitely a lot of power being delivered on target! I shot some blazer 45acp thru it and it cycled just fine. The acp loads felt like I was shooting 22lr with the muzzle break and heavy recoil spring. Suprised to find no issues drawing the setup from a retention holster with that gap between the slide and the muzzle break. Loading up some more rounds and will be back to the range for some more fun before I head to Alaska in a month, then bow hunting in Montana in September. I have confidence I can put down a threat with my 460. I did put in the plus 10 mag springs I got from glockmeister, I didn't try any stock factory springed glock mags yet.