• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 4th Gen IOR Valdada 3-18X42 any thoughts?

Samer

Private
Minuteman
Sep 13, 2011
I've been lurking around the hide for a while and I found some great information. I've been looking to purchase a rifle scope for a semi auto 308. I found some great and not so great reviews about IOR's and I'm really close to pulling the trigger on the 4th GEN 3-18X42 FFP modified MP8 reticle. I looked through a Spartan 2-12 a couple of weeks ago and was amazed with the clarity.
Any help or other recommendations will be appreciated.

Re: 4th Gen IOR Valdada 3-18X42 any thoughts?

call scott at liberty optics. gen 4's are good to go.glass is great.if your on a budget they got all the features for half the price

The gen 4 3-18x42 is a good scope the problem was the scopes getting to gen 4 (gen 1, gen 2, gen 3). Having had both I would recommend taking a look at the 3.8-18x50.

I appreciate the help Gentlemen. I think I may just go ahead and do it. The Nightforce NXS 3.5-15 x 50 F1 was in the mix but a lot of people have praised the glass quality of the IOR which I witnessed my self.
I've also heard a lot of good things about liberty optics and their customer service plus they have a promo right now where you get a free red dot or binos so good deal all around.

NF or the IOR are GTG. NF made in USA so they would get my business

For the money, the IOR 3-18x42mm is hard to pass up.

John

Good optic for The price. Have had zero problems with mine. I have around 1800 rounds under it on my 308. +1 on liberty optics Scott is great to deal with took my order late at night so his hours rock.

If you want to spend 2k I think there's a 3-15 premier mil mil ffp in the classifieds right now for that kind of money. I don't like premier as a company I think they are a bunch of rotten finks but their scopes are excellent (comparable to schmidt/bender) and they do stand behind them.

Whatever you decide to do my advice is to take your time and watch the classifieds here as well as on other sites (and ebay, sometimes you get lucky). I got my 3-18FFP here for 1k used and I just saw a guy from my home state of cali sell 3 of them at 900 a pop.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you want to spend 2k I think there's a 3-15 premier mil mil ffp in the classifieds right now for that kind of money. I don't like premier as a company I think they are a bunch of rotten finks but their scopes are excellent (comparable to schmidt/bender) and they do stand behind them.

Whatever you decide to do my advice is to take your time and watch the classifieds here as well as on other sites (and ebay, sometimes you get lucky). I got my 3-18FFP here for 1k used and I just saw a guy from my home state of cali sell 3 of them at 900 a pop.

</div></div>
Thank you sir for the tip I'm still looking pretty much everywhere. I'm leaning more towards new because I've been burned once on a used firearm related item due to my lack of knowledge and research so I won't be doing that again I'll make sure to ask all the questions before I say I'll take it. That's why I'm grateful to the hide and it's patient members who don't mind helping a new guy like me get started.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Samer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm leaning more towards new because I've been burned once</div></div>

My IOR 3-18 died on the first range trip however I sent it in to Valdada and had a new in the box one in 9 days and it's been fine ever since. Leupold, IOR, Premier, S&B, Zeiss, Vortex, Nightforce all have great warranties. Buy used with confidence.

not any problems with mine, would buy another.

+1 here!

I love my 3-18x42
I have the FFP with the X1 reticle, pretty bad@ss