• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

5.11 Backpacks made in the USA?

usmcmk12

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2013
California
I was wondering where 5.11 manufactures their packs. Can't seem to find the info online and I prefer to not buy anything made outside of the US especially China.

As far as I know, everything is made somewhere in Asia. Most is decent quality, but from my experience not nearly as nice as good USA made gear.

What are you looking for?

Don't overlook the 5.11 packs. IF you can get by the not made in the U.S.A. part that is.I have a 5.11 Rush 72 that I use daily, hauling a change of clothes and other "shit" back and forth to work to the fire station. I gotta say it works great in that roll. It has plenty of small pockets for storing all sorts of small stuff - digital camera, spare batteries, ipod, and any other daily EDC kit you like to carry. It has stood up well after a couple years of use. I can't really comment on how well it wears, as most of the time I just sling it over a shoulder to my truck, then into the station and vice vera.I also have 2 Eberlestock packs = a Gunslinger II, and a G4 Operator. Have tried these for work, but found out that with all the small stuff I've convinced myself I must carry and keep organized, the Rush 72 does much better in that regard, where as the Eberlestock packs are better for the range, hunting, hiking or stuff like that.Each has their place and I wouldn't hesitate to get another 5.11Keep an eye out on 5.11's website or LAPolicegear.com and you can run across some deals to save you some coin.

One problem I had with mine. I was out in about 10 degree weather and the pinch buckles broke in the cold.
I wrote to 5.11 and they sent new buckles. I haven't tried them since in the cold weather.

I have a 511 Rush 72 that I use a general "haul shit to the range" bag. No issues in just over two years and it is stuffed full of stuff.
It holds my Vortex spotter, tripod, shooting mat, two bean bags, targets, staples, stapler, writing instruments, toilet paper, and all my other important gear to make shooting a pleasure.