• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

5.45 x 39MM Piston Upper for AR

Re: 5.45 x 39MM Piston Upper for AR

I am running a Spikes Tactical 8.25" 5.45 upper and it has been fine. Just make sure you get current ASC mags.

rifle dynamics is making a production rifle in 545 that is really bada$$, its not a ar though, its got the ultimac rail on top and a really nice gas block and a pinned battle comp to make it 16.1in long. i don't know much about the rifle but its just like the rifle they built for travis haley if you have ever seen his

Yes, Adams Arms does. Their upper works very well and not blowing corrosive salt back into the action seems like a good justification for a piston. If you're lucky and can get a $50 off $500 at Midway when they actually have one in stock, this will be about the cheapest you'll find it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fngmike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, Adams Arms does. Their upper works very well and not blowing corrosive salt back into the action seems like a good justification for a piston. If you're lucky and can get a $50 off $500 at Midway when they actually have one in stock, this will be about the cheapest you'll find it. </div></div>

+1

I found the Adams Arms to be very good and more accurate than other uppers I tested.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fRed650</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1 for LWRC! </div></div>

I find your comment interesting. I had one, it shot like 6 MOA. I was going to sell it but I could't bring myself to pass it on to someone else shooting like that. So I sent it back to LWRC, they rebarreled it and it they couldn't get it to shoot acceptably. So they rebarreled to 5.56 and we called it a day. I own a number of LWRC's and really like them but their 5.45X39 was a real dog. There is a reason why they discontinued them. The Adams Arms just shoots way better, like 2 MOA or slightly worse with the same ammo and it's less expensive. It is a fun caliber.

+1 on adams arms. mine has had the shit shot out of it. runs great. also, +1 on current asc mags. i had a bunch that were hit and miss. sometimes a lil lube will get em going.