• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

5.5" BBL 5.56 Quickload Help, Please

ibreske

Private
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2021
Miami, FL
Can some kind soul with Quickload, please, calculate some approximate chamber pressure for some potential Trail Boss loads to shoot out of 5.56 5.5" SIG MCX Rattler?

Bullets: Speer 1029 Varmint .224 50gr JSP & Speer 1023 Varmint .224 45gr JSP
Loads for each bullet: 4,5,6 & 7gr of Trail Boss.
Primer: CCI #41
BBL length: 5.5"

Not being familiar with the software, I don't know what else to tell you. I can probably find it, though.

In an attempt to head off the inevitable, "why would you want to do that?", I'm trying to build a beefed up 5.7x28 cartridge for an almost useless pistol that destroys aiming lasers with the massive explosion coming out the front of it. In my, possibly naive, mind, if the Rattler can launch a M193 at 2000fps, why not a varmint bullet at near that, minus the fireball, with a pistol powder. For surely a 5.5" bbl is a pistol. Plus, there are published Trail Boss loads for 5.7x28 (same bullet) out of a 5.5" bbl, albeit at 1000fps and at 42000psi. The Rattler should be able to handle 62000psi, right?