• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

5.56 Load Data Needed for ......

RoosterShooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2011
Kentucky
I searched in the <span style="font-weight: bold">"Load Data"</span>section of this forum, and I could not come up with anything that came close to what I am needing. I realize that Hodgdon has the charge minimum & maximum info I am requesting, but didn't know if anyone already had a load worked up for their rifle that I could use.

I am beginning a reloading session for the April Machine Gun Shoot at Knob Creek Gun Range, and am needing to load up 2k+ rounds of 5.56. The barrel dimensions are 1/7" twist, and the load dimensions are as follows ...

~ 5.56 LC Brass
~ CCI41 Primer
~ 75 gr. PRVI Partizan BTHP Bullet (Widener's Bulk Bullet)

<span style="font-weight: bold">~ IMR 8208 XBR Powder</span>

I have 4 kegs of the IMR 8208 XBR, and want to use it up, so I will be using it for this load.

Thanks for any help you might be able to lend. <span style="text-decoration: underline">Please only mention tested loads with results. </span>

Re: 5.56 Load Data Needed for ......

I am reloading 5.56 but i am running varget and a heavier pill.

your 1:7 will throw 77grain SMK's nicely loaded to mag length
and will throw 80grain SMK's if single loaded

When I used to shoot High Power my load was 24.0 gr of N540 Viht for everything. 69s 73s 77s and 80 grain bullets

scott

If you arent going to do it right and work up a load, load the minimum from the powder manufacturer's data let er rip.

You should send me you 8208 and Use ball powder, Try 23.3 gr.of 8208. Just make sure what ever you use function test it before you load it all.

You know, you could work up a "good enough" load with 20 rounds if you're a consistent shooter.

Also is this factory IMR8208 or the surplus stuff? Because the surplus is a lot faster burning or so I heard.

IMR 8208 XBR, 23.3g, LC09 brass, Rem 7.5BR primer, 75g Hornday bthp, oal-2.255, velocity, 2,675fps, .440moa.

IMR 8208 XBR, 23.5g, LC09 brass, Wolf 223 primer, 75g Hornday bthp, oal-2.255, velocity, 2,700fps, .345moa.

These loads work fine and are proven safe in my rifles only, but only a fool would not work up their own loads to verify pressure signs.