• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

5.56 Upper Assembly

Todds69

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2010
Northern Indiana
As the title says. I am in the market for a 5.56 Upper Assembly with 16" barrel, and would like to keep it under $800. I have looked at some of the Yankee Hill, Spikes Tactical and Palmetto State stuff. There is a shop in Indy called Indy Tactical Supply, have to check it out in person when I go to the 1500 show in August. Not sure on twist rate, I don't expect to shoot anything more than 62gr projectiles. Any comments, or suggestion? I am building a Spikes lower for it in case you are wondering.

Re: 5.56 Upper Assembly

If your looking for a tacticool wannabe entry looking upper any you mentioned would be fine.
If you want accuracy reliabilty and function from a hide vendor that will stand behind his stuff, click the Specialized Dynamics logo in my signature or just PM Scottmilk9. World class predator hunters don't care what the cool kids are shooting, they want results, and they choose SD.
You can check his rep at PredatorMaster forums, don't just take my word for it.

Thank you I will check into his stuff. I have LWRC in 6.8 but it is just too expesive to do a lot of shooting so that is why I am looking into a 5.56. Next project is my Mega Ma-Ten Monolithic.

If you're willing to wait 6 months for an extremely good upper for an awesome price, check out www.smartgunner.com

You can customize it with different barrel options, gas lengths, rail systems, muzzle devices etc etc.

The lead time of 4-6 weeks on the website is NOT true... it's more like 4-6 months... but it's unbeatable at the price.

Buy top quality components and build it yourself. The money you save allows you to ensure you get the best. Happy to pass on some good ref. info if you want PM or e-mail me @ [email protected]

If you do not build the above are all quality kit and good suggestions