• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

5.7x28 suppressor options

johnstonblake

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2010
Texas
So there's lots of options for ways to suppress a 5.7. My question is, what can does the best at suppressing that round, yet is still compact and lightweight? The yhm turbo k with a titanium direct thread seems like it would be a good fit. I tried to find some db testing with that combo, so I could compare it to rimfire cans, but haven't found anything. Also, are pistol cans worth looking in to? Thanks.

This is an interesting question. I would assume that anything which works best for 5.56 could possibly work really well on the 5.7. Let's see what others say on this.

I just put a Sico Sparrow on my Keltec P50. Only put the 40gr vmax and the hp through it but it ran well and was fairly quiet. Very lightweight setup too.

The Dead Air Mask is pretty well regarded and it's rated through 5.7. The reviews seem favorable on both FN platforms.

What is the host? That will probably make a difference for what recommendations you get.

So there's lots of options for ways to suppress a 5.7. My question is, what can does the best at suppressing that round, yet is still compact and lightweight? The yhm turbo k with a titanium direct thread seems like it would be a good fit. I tried to find some db testing with that combo, so I could compare it to rimfire cans, but haven't found anything. Also, are pistol cans worth looking in to? Thanks.
Never shot a 5.7x28 suppressed, so I don't know... I do know a lot of folks talk about the rimfire cans rated for 5.7x28 having heavy blow-back in the face. If you want to buy a rimfire can you can use on .22LR up to 5.7x28, then the Dead Air Mask HD is probably the strongest and best rimfire can on the market. I love mine. The fact you can clean the baffles and mount and end cap with an ultrasonic cleaner, are a huge time saver. You have to clean the tube by-hand, but it's a quick wipe-out with a RemOil wipe, or paper towel soaked in RemOil, and you're done.

I do know that GSL Technologies is the only company I'm aware of that makes a specific can for 5.7x28 pistols and rifles. I heard it's pretty damn quiet, too. I'd give them a look. I've heard nothing but good things about GSL suppressors, just no first-hand experience to give.