• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.5 Mil Up

1J04

Lost Squirrel
Minuteman
  • Aug 7, 2011
    PNW WA
    Actually thought it'd be substantially more come ups than .5 mils but apparently it'll do. This thing has been beat to death, brought back to life, and beat again. But it's working out as it should.

It has been beat to death and 500,000 is bull shit. Had the media not got a hold of it she would have probably not gotten 10% of that.

And why the fuck does her employer (university of Utah) jave to give her anything.

I get all the "wrong fully arrested". She was under custody only about 20 min. 1.5 miilion an hour is crap. There are people wrongfully convicted getting out 20+ years later getting 80k for each year (that is on the highend actually). 3 weeks ago a guy in Kentucky was released after DNA evidence proved he was innocent. Was in prision from age 17 to 41. Kentucky law right now doesn't allow him to get SHIT. Right now he will get $0.00. From 17 to 41 was some of my best years

Wrongfully convicted do deserve something, our system fucked them. But she in no way deserves $500000

It's never 'fair' brother, you know that. Common sense and doing the right thing always get put to the side at the 'expense' of others.

Now, on your unrelated comparison on a guy that was convicted and later exonerated via DNA. He was convicted by a Jury of his Peers. You know, guys like you and me. I don't like it and it sickens me that it happens up to and including being put to death. It's our system, not perfect, but it's ours. When injustices are found we try to correct them, not as well as we should for whatever reason, but we do try to make it right at some level. We could beat this whole issue into the ground and back and still not change a damn thing, so let's just agree 'fair' will never be realized.

If there were no witnesses she could have just as easily be serving 100 hrs community service, 2 yrs probation and paying fines for resisting arrest, disorderly conduct and whatever else they could have dreamed up. Hate the tax payers are on the hook, but to hell with city cops. The ones around here are no better than the city scum they police. Funny, go up a notch or two to deputies or state police and they're typically great folks. No disrespect meant to LE here, even any city cops.

Just for comparison, this isn't 'fair' either, or right and should have never happened. Completely avoidable, but again, it never makes sense, ever.

giphy.gif

Attachments

• giphy.gif
      giphy.gif
      302 KB · Views: 19
    SO, had the nurse complied and drawn the blood and that was a breech of policy or violation of law where would the lawsuit have gone?
    We all know in this day and time that there would have been one and can be pretty certain the patient's family would have gotten far more money than the nurse.
    I understand the city being sued but why the hospital? What did they do that did the nurse harm?
    BTW, the patient died at, supposedly, the fault of the city cops involved in the accident. How's that going to go?
    Lastly, the nurse awarded $500,000 but I feel sure the lawyer got at least $250,000 of that. In my mind the lawyers are the bad guys in all this.

1J - You clever devil, I see what you did there.

Are those cops that stood by and did nothing to set things on an even keel still on the payroll and still just collecting paychecks? Right is right and wrong is still just wrong no matter who is violating someones rights or laws on the books.
    A slug is still just that, a slug. Do your duty and uphold all of the laws no matter who is violating those laws.
    I support our LEOs but do expect them to do what they swore to do which is to serve and protect all, no matter their rank or position.
    Again, right is right and wrong is still wrong no matter who or whom. FM

personally, I think $5 million would be more in line, the cop was out of line, as was the supervisor who told him to cuff the nurse. The nurse was doing her job, and she was aware of the laws pertaining to what the cop was asking for.......which the cop was not, or he just trying to bully her.......don't get me wrong, I am pro LE, but this guy was nothing but a dick.......glad he got fired.

That’s fine. She did what was right. Good for her. If she had complied and done what they wanted do you not think she wouldn’t have been slapped with a suit? Seriously? And it would have been far greater than what she received. Do you think the cops would have stood by her if she complied? The hospital? The city? You know the answer. She did what was right in this situation. I applaud her. And if it had been me, I would have gone after much more than that.

It's never 'fair' brother, you know that. Common sense and doing the right thing always get put to the side at the 'expense' of others.

Now, on your unrelated comparison on a guy that was convicted and later exonerated via DNA. He was convicted by a Jury of his Peers. You know, guys like you and me. I don't like it and it sickens me that it happens up to and including being put to death. It's our system, not perfect, but it's ours. When injustices are found we try to correct them, not as well as we should for whatever reason, but we do try to make it right at some level. We could beat this whole issue into the ground and back and still not change a damn thing, so let's just agree 'fair' will never be realized.

"When injustices are found we try to correct them,"

That is exactly why, though some deserve it and worse, Im against the death penalty. Theres no correcting the needle.

Just not enough of them imprisoned.

FIFY

What they did is criminal and, while IANAL, most likely a civil rights violation.

Where would you or I be if we were found guilty of unlawful imprisonment?

Glad everything worked out for her in the end and she got some money to have some fun with. Personally I don't feel she fits the description of the sue happy type. I mean she only settled on half a million. If she was sue happy she would have gone for an insane amount like a half billion. Hopefully now this story won't be rearing it's head in the media anymore.

Don't be jealous.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i48.tinypic.com\/9a8u2s.jpg"}[/IMG2]
    [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/garysanis.com\/Pics\/Work\/OfficerFriskingPrisoner_Big.gif"}[/IMG2]
    [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/1PwAijY.gif"}[/IMG2]
    [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/storage.googleapis.com\/postpickle\/uploads\/heading_42754073.gif"}[/IMG2]

NOW WHO's JEALOUS? :rolleyes:

Last edited: