• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

5 taliban in 28 seconds

Re: 5 taliban in 28 seconds

I've always thought they should do some sort of kill cam so we can burn them to DVDs and distribute them in the local markets next to the enemy's kill cam DVDs.

Sounds like a new game show.......how many Taliban can you hit in 30 seconds.

No doubt, the bar has been raised for future precision rifle men.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like a new game show.......how many Taliban can you hit in 30 seconds. </div></div>

Or just an add-on to "A minute to win it"...

The crazy thing about this thread is this, the .338 Lapua Magnum I just delivered almost had "Taliban Illuminator" etched into the barrel

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stratmeister</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like a new game show.......how many Taliban can you hit in 30 seconds. </div></div>

Or just an add-on to "A minute to win it"... </div></div>

LMAO!

,338LM wins the day again
smile.gif

I'm glad I'm part of this forum and not another one.

I went there to pick around and found this exact topic up for crazy arguments about how it's impossible because of XYZ or how one guy has no comprehensive reading skills and adds 9 shots to the 4 taken in 28 seconds = 13 shots in 28 seconds, etc...

I've never tried to shoot 1760 yards...so I'd venture that I can't right now....much less 5 shots on target in succession. Doesn't mean somebody else can't.

Thanks SnipersHide. There very well might be good info there and I might venture back sooner or later...but...I like it here better for now.
smile.gif

Oh...my favorite part was the guys that thought you could only shoot by using fully loaded magazines.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GunGuru727</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Real life is Modern Warfare! </div></div>

Real life is hard, warfare is easy!

My .02 from experience and a dark perception of life!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"It is not about how many people you kill, it's about the team."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/new...l#ixzz0tinNKgAY
</div></div>

It's how any team survives. Mutual support saves lives. This is a good example.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The crazy thing about this thread is this, the .338 Lapua Magnum I just delivered almost had "Taliban Illuminator" etched into the barrel </div></div>

Why "almost"???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AustinCQC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm glad I'm part of this forum and not the other one.

I went there to pick around and found this exact topic up for crazy arguments about how it's impossible because of XYZ or how one guy has no comprehensive reading skills and adds 9 shots to the 4 taken in 28 seconds = 13 shots in 28 seconds, etc...

I've never tried to shoot 1760 yards...so I'd venture that I can't right now....much less 5 shots on target in succession. Doesn't mean somebody else can't.

Thanks SnipersHide. There very well might be good info there and I might venture back sooner or later...but...I like it here better for now.
smile.gif

Oh...my favorite part was the guys that thought you could only shoot by using fully loaded magazines.
smile.gif
</div></div>yeah...we need a link, that just sounds like it is freakin hilarious.

Great shooting for sure.

Small clarification from reading though- he engaged when they were over a mile away, but was one shot per kill on the other 4 in 28 seconds "because they had moved closer." It doesn't give a defined range, but it can be assumed that he didn't make 4 kill shots in 28 seconds from a mile away.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yeah...we need a link, that just sounds like it is freakin hilarious. </div></div>

Just let it go. The same guy posted the same thing on a couple of different sites. I don't know which one Austin is referring to, but stirring up rivalry between different sites is detrimental to both sites and the shooting community. Laugh at the guy and question his reading comprehension if you wish, but leave it at that.

We can argue about the distance, the shots, and the hits all day long, but there's no dispute that the Australians, Canadians, and the British have got it right:

"I've been in the Army for 11 years and I've been a sniper for nine."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">best left alone.... </div></div>
Yes, it is!

sorry, i have no intention or interest in starting a forum war. i just needed a good laugh. i am pretty sure from the responces where the topic is located... i dont think i care enough to go look.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We can argue about the distance, the shots, and the hits all day long, but there's no dispute that the Australians, Canadians, and the British have got it right:

"I've been in the Army for 11 years and I've been a sniper for nine."

</div></div>

That is exactly right, Graham...exactly.

we promote our best guys out of the job they excel in...and then we have to hit that learning curve all over again.

You have to get promoted in our military...or you get kicked out...then you get promoted out of the billet you want to be in...doesn't make sense.

As for the shooting in that article...end result is what matters...I'm not gonna argue one way or the other...but just go to a modern Tactical/Sniper match and you will see some pretty amazing shots by just regular dudes. Seriously. We all moan and groan when we miss a half minute or less target...imagine if we were shooting at full size targets the whole time. its not the gear that should be showcased...many rifles can be built to do that...

Be safe, shoot well

Respectfully,

--KJ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Red_SC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Just let it go. The same guy posted the same thing on a couple of different sites. I don't know which one Austin is referring to, but stirring up rivalry between different sites is detrimental to both sites and the shooting community. Laugh at the guy and question his reading comprehension if you wish, but leave it at that. </div></div>

No harm intended at all. I just wanted to express my appreciation of our site, not stir trouble. That's mainly why I didn't include a link or state the name.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great shooting for sure.

Small clarification from reading though- he engaged when they were over a mile away, but was one shot per kill on the other 4 in 28 seconds "because they had moved closer." It doesn't give a defined range, but it can be assumed that he didn't make 4 kill shots in 28 seconds from a mile away. </div></div>

I don't know if you can make that assumption though. Somebody can add some insight into hitting 4 man sized targets from a mile with single shots each once dialed in.

Since the quotes were taken out of context, we can't be sure the sniper was stating the taliban guys moved closer to him or the group of soldiers they were planning on ambushing. Either way, we all know what assuming does...
smile.gif

As you mentioned and way more important than any assumption you or I could make, "great shooting for sure."