• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

50/416 Barrett receiver and Barrett 99

A5scott

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2017
Eastern PA
My brother is looking to either build a rifle chambered in Barrel 416 or buy a Barrett 416. I was wondering what receivers are out there to build on, either single feed or mag fed. I know of a couple manufacturers, but I thought I'd ask.
Also, anyone with experience with the Barrett 99 in 416... how do you like it and what kind of accuracy do you get out of it. I get out west every year to shoot past 1000 yards, and hoping to get my brother and family to do the same, so it will be a long range rifle, but also for 500 yards and in.

Scott

If you look at the King of the 2 mile thread, the Barrett factory team came in well placed using their 416 rifle.

That being said, in the 500 yard to 1000 yard to 1500 yard range, you could easily do with a .338 LM or similar, for a lot less ammunition cost and less recoil.

Yes, 338 isn't gonna do it for him. Yeah, he's leaning toward just getting the Barrett as that will make it much easier. I'm sure it's a real nice shooting rifle.

Scott

I have a LH BAT single shot that I bought for a 375 Warner Project.
Not a bad action, though it doesn't really do a lot for me. I was rather unimpressed with the overall product.