• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

50 bmg ranges

david3420

Private
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2012
Alabama
Hi everyone just joined the forum.Also i just purchased my new ar-50a1 it is great. anyone know a place near birmingham alabama to shoot this thing at longer ranges. the few ranges i have found only out to 500 yrds dont allow 50s. thanks for any help.

Re: 50 bmg ranges

Hi, forgot to say Welcome to Snipers Hide in your other post. Think you'll find you'll not be welcome at very many ranges with the 50. Those that will let you shoot it probably won't let you ring the steel unless you bring your own. Know it's a far drive but there is a range up here in Ohio, Thunder Valley Precision (TVP) that has steel out to a mile and I think even out to 2300 yards or so at times for their ELR matches.

Found this thread a bit further down and you might check with these guys to see how this range is coming along, might not be too far from you.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3531614#Post3531614

Topstrap

thanks topstrap yes talked to them today and they say they will let you shoot 50s there when they get up and running not sure when but thanks for reply

We are very fortunate here in Nevada to have many places to shoot and stretch the legs of the 50....so far out to just over 2100 yards! We have alot of fun out here...

I am looking at getting a set of Ivey adjustable rings, once I get past the 1760 yard mark I start running out of elevation in a hurry on my USO and have to use all of my available hold to get there. Going to give the 150 MOA adjustable rings a shot!
smile.gif
Welcome aboard and welcome to the fifty cal fever! I have a Barrett model 99, it will ring steel at distance, I would like to some day to a big bore custom build...either 50 BMG, .408, .416, .375...maybe a DTA and do them all!
smile.gif

Here are some pics of our desert ranges! Good luck finding a spot to feed your addiction!

DSCF4004.jpg

1MILESHOOTINGPLATFORM.jpg

1MILETARGET.jpg

DSCN0305.jpg

http://s274.beta.photobucket.com/user/carlhognuts57/media/50BMGVSELK.mp4.html