• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.50 BMG

Re: .50 BMG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillZone45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not getting a 50 anytime soon but that EDM sure is nice! Has a MUCH better looking muzzle break that that huge rectangle looking piece on the Bushmaster. </div></div>

Does not look pretty, But it is similar to the ar-50 and works like a charm I have .308 that kick harder, and also better shooting prone and cause no gasses heading down into the dirt. With that said it can be changed. The EDM is a great rifle.

I've owned 2 Barrett's 82A1 and a 99. Both sold. McMillan Tac 50-sold. 2 State Arms (1 sold- still own a Titan Bench) and a Ferret 50.

Been shooting the 50 since 1989. Don't get bent around the axle on the platform. Buy what you can afford. Don't expect 6mm accuracy. HOARD components. Decent cases come and go. About the only "really" accurate mil projectile is the AP (black Tip). M33 Ball is 2mao if you are lucky.

You want match accuracy-you need a borerider chamber and you HAVE to spend the funds on match bullets.

FCSA-will NOT share load data. Period. Buy quickload and keep good notes. Hodgdon H50BMG works with just about anything you can load. Barrel life is great.

50BMG is a lot of fun but is frustrating to get accuracy you are used to getting with other precision platforms. Just don't burn shit down with APIT and tracers- since I've been shooting the majority of ranges I have used have banned 50's because of damage-ESPECIALLY FIRE. Have fun.

Reactions: deersniper

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lt. Arclight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've owned 2 Barrett's 82A1 and a 99. Both sold. McMillan Tac 50-sold. 2 State Arms (1 sold- still own a Titan Bench) and a Ferret 50.

Been shooting the 50 since 1989. Don't get bent around the axle on the platform. Buy what you can afford. Don't expect 6mm accuracy. HOARD components. Decent cases come and go. About the only "really" accurate mil projectile is the AP (black Tip). M33 Ball is 2mao if you are lucky.

You want match accuracy-you need a borerider chamber and you HAVE to spend the funds on match bullets.

FCSA-will NOT share load data. Period. Buy quickload and keep good notes. Hodgdon H50BMG works with just about anything you can load. Barrel life is great.

50BMG is a lot of fun but is frustrating to get accuracy you are used to getting with other precision platforms. Just don't burn shit down with APIT and tracers- since I've been shooting the majority of ranges I have used have banned 50's because of damage-ESPECIALLY FIRE. Have fun. </div></div>

I agree with 99% of this. Do get what you want /can afford a lot off good 50's, The upper mentioned above is a great way to get into the 50 cheap and is very accurate. Then the serbu is just a little more money. Do not believe in the part about have to have a bore rider tho get them to shoot. I am sure some are great for those but others can just shoot very well without. Do take the advise about taking care of the range. Places are getting harder and harder to find.

Lt. Arclight seems to have a lot of info as do many others. People like this you should talk to and soak up all info you can.

Lt. Arclight great info.

I think one of the reasons people on FCSA don't share load data is the .50 is so temperamental and tweaking is real important. One mistake on reloading and catastrophic failure can result. It is like selling a high end crotch rocket without even seeing who is going to be riding it. I am pretty careful about who I give my data to.

Really like shooting my BA 50. The price is in the range you mention. Had I gone with an EDM or Tac 50, I would not have been able to afford the BORS or a can for it. One of the other folks was right about the gear....if you look, you can find reloading setups on sale. I bought my Lee set up complete with dies last year for around $175. You just gotta look. I have a can that is 90+ days with the BATF, that I looking forward to.

good luck with this...........

Bigdawg...you would been better off spending the money on ammo and ammo components rather than the BORS
smile.gif
and that's coming from someone who is big proponent of support equipment.

50s are fun to shoot but require alot of shooting to get good with them. The learning curve is pretty steep!! There are also smaller systems that will do everything a 50 can and better lol.

Reactions: deersniper

I bought an AR50 four years ago. I shot a couple hundred rounds through it the first year and haven't shot it this year since febuary. I bought a Lee reloading kit, Lyman case trimmer, and then the powder and primer grabbing started. I've not resized the first piece of brass. I have my own farm that I can shoot as far as I can see and still don't get it out often. I love to shoot it but I hate having to drag that heavy sob out from under the bed(it won't fit in the safe) and load it in the truck just to shoot it 25 to 50 times. It's not a rifle that you grab going out the door and shoot. All that said, it is awesome to say I own a fifty and have it available when I decide to shoot it more. I just wish it wasn't sixty inches and fourty pounds.( That's what she said.) I couldn't help it. If you want a fifty though, get it. It's like reaching WAAAY out there and and knocking the piss out of something!
A good hard case makes it much easier to just grab and go. Have the ammo mags and rifle ready to throw in the cab of bed and go shooting
image.jpg

Last edited:

Really like shooting my BA 50. The price is in the range you mention. Had I gone with an EDM or Tac 50, I would not have been able to afford the BORS or a can for it. One of the other folks was right about the gear....if you look, you can find reloading setups on sale. I bought my Lee set up complete with dies last year for around $175. You just gotta look. I have a can that is 90+ days with the BATF, that I looking forward to.

good luck with this...........
Any pics?
What can did you get and how did it affect recoil and concussion?

The AR 50 is a beast and fun to shoot!

Attachments

• 20180424_203152.jpg
    20180424_203152.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 30