• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing .50 Bolt Action Rifle

Ferryman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2009
UK
Hi Guys.

Do any of you have a link to scale drawing for building a .50 bolt and receiver.

Being lefthanded there is absolutely nothing available of the shelf (At least not that I can find)

I have a top flight machinist who can machine all the parts.

Here is hoping

Re: .50 Bolt Action Rifle

Thanks RAD

That will save a hell of a lot of work.

Just need to make sure they will export them

I am guessing you are left-handed, if that is the case have you tried a right hand .50. The reason I ask is that I am a righthanded shooter and much prefer a lefty action in .50cal because they are somewhat awkward to keep reaching over. To me it is much easier to have the port on the side I am laying next to. Food for thought.

HI I had a LH 50 McMillan Tac-50 stock whith a K&P bbl and brake. It was a shooter It was a sub .5 MOA after 200yds under200 it was a 1-2 moa For some reason. With 750 amax's it was a 1 hole at 300-400...some fun shooting. Some Asshole stole it and I havent seen it since...being a lefty I hope to see it again someday...That was MY RIFLE

FWIW, The Bushmaster BA50 rifles are all left hand bolt/port intended to be fired right handed. Works really well and is ready made for LH shooters that prefer the traditional setup. they use the 10 round Barrett magazines and supposedly are shooters out of the box. About 4K +/- Having built my own 50 from scratch (Gunmetal Designs Prints) I can tell you that unless you do all your own machine work, or get it done for free, that's a hard price to beat. YMMV

Thanks,
Emory Jones