• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

50 Cal Ammo Identification please!

fastford

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 10, 2008
    Central, Texas
    A friend of mine was gonna sell me some misc 50 cal ammo, and i was not sure what the heck some of it was, i need help identifing it. It has the following head stamps:

PMJ07
    LC07
    LC06
    LC05
    LC02
    ML4
    FA49
    SL53

I know the LC is lake city, but what is the others?

Can someone tell me without a doubt what each round pictured is by the colored rings?

photo-27.jpg

photo3-8.jpg

photo4-3.jpg

photo2-18.jpg

Re: 50 Cal Ammo Identification please!

should i be worried about shooting this stuff?

who is the PMJ, SL, and ML headstamp?

if its really 49 and 53 is that safe to shoot still?

FA = Frankfort Arsenal (US)
    SL = St. Louis (US)
    PMJ = Korea

I thought civillians were not allowed to have the Raufoss ammo?

You can own raufoss ammo its just expensive as shit. $60+ per round. Save the MK211 and shoot the rest. Dont be scared of 60 yr old ammo I shoot 8mm thats older. I believe troops are still getting issued 50 cal rds from ww2.

Might wanna be careful with the MK211 and the spotter. I know the green tip rd has HE in it.

The Frankford Arsenal and St. Louis are some pretty old rounds and probably about the same age. I have a bit of .30-06 brass from both that my aunt gave me when mu uncle passed away.

I would get it if the price is reasonable. And as I am in the military, yes, we still shoot "stupid" old ammo in the m2. As far as the HE and API and raufous, save that for a rainy day. Those don't come down the pipe that often!

I would pass on it.what 50 do you shoot?not worth the risk
    of your safety.and weapon