• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

50 cal in shotgun

Ring Bearer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2012
Mordor
Have any of you of you shot a 50 cal BMG cartridge in a shotgun.
Did a search here and came up empty.

I spotted this vid on youtube and want to know your opinions.

http://youtu.be/sZaK7D4XVo8

What is happening to the bullet going down the tube?
Is it in an early stage to key hole

What happens to velocity?

What about chamber fit

I am not interested in doing it, just interested in your thoughts about it.

Re: 50 cal in shotgun

looks like a silly stunt to me. but I saw the same or similar vid, and thought it would be adequate for booby traps. cheaper and more practical to just use 12 gauge rounds in a piece of pipe.

I bet the velocity is sub sonic, but I have no proof. The lack of pressure doesn't lend itself to good burn performance.

looks like they shim the case to center it in the chamber, and have a fire formed case you might be able to use for something.

no way to tell where that bullet would go...it is tumbling as is leaves the muzzle, with zero bullet spin.

To hell with the bullet keyhole-ing, I'd be worried about case pressure and the gun holding it at bay.

Just so Im 50 yds away when you pull the trigger Im good with watching.

80% or more of the powder would be burning around the projectile. As said before I bet velocity would be in the 500 to 600 FPS.

Barry got himself a fine pair of shootin trousers.

Summer rules: anything before September can be above the ankles!

shrapnel in the face from a .50 is a bitch.I ate 3 in 1986
at Pendelton working in AAV.I still have pieces surface from
time to time.Dont play with .50 she Bites!

Google 12 gauge from Hell and you will find answer to tons of big bore questions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tactical Sasquatch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Google 12 gauge from Hell and you will find answer to tons of big bore questions. </div></div>

Isn't that guy a member here???

You have one man/boy you have something...

You have 2 boys/men you have half a boy/man...

You get 3 men/boys together, you aint got shit!

But really, this is just a "CRAZY" stunt to drum up more subscribers to their channel. The guys have a fairly good channel as a whole. I am sure that you have seen other outlandish videos with super huge rifles/revolvers/calibers, crazy videos like FPS Russia, so on and so forth. Well this is their version of that, I would say. Plus it doesn't hurt to own a gun shop as well. Not saying that they used one of the guns from their store. But most of the videos that you see like this, are videos done by people who seem to make some/a lot of cash in the business of firearms.

My opinion of this video and others like it is pretty cut and dry. Entertainment, no more and no less! Outside of that I wouldn't try to waste the time to figure any of it out. No average person, or at least no person in their right mind, is going to try a stunt like this with their own personal weapon only to gain a few more subscribers/hits to their YouTube channel. Just my "Nickles" worth of opinion