• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors 50 cal suppressor

gm9658

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2008
Cortez, Colorado
Has anyone or is anyone shooting their 50BMG with a supressor and is there any recoil change when switching from the muzzle brake to the supressor?

Re: 50 cal suppressor

Which 50? It makes a difference.
I have a John's on a Windrunner.
I really don't notice any difference in recoil.

CP

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ogs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Major reduction in recoil.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhihXFZq0e0
</div></div>

Correct in the sense he is shooting subsonic ammo in that video. they have a lot less powder in them.

Not correct when shooting normal ball or match ammo. They felt recoil is actually enhanced. how do i know? because I have a Tac50 with Cyclops suppressor and when shooting regular ball ammo it moves considerably more then without the suppressor on it.

No, we were also shooting full power loads. There was a comparison between the two in the video. Full power without the can it moves me (160lbs) back 4-5 inches layingon the matt with each shot. You can see shooting with the can (AAC can anyway)and full power loads upright on the table is about like a 30-06. Also the subsonic load was 34.5 gr of powder and not 43 as stated in the video.

I don't think the recoil on a 50 is really a big deal. More of a push then a punch. I find the air that the brake moves to be far more obnoxious than the recoil.