• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

$500 rifle, $2500 scope

turbo54

Mr. 7mm
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2010
Michigan
So, for a number of reasons, I pulled my 5-25 Bender off the SPR A3G and stuck it on my savage. Do I need to post pics of this? Its the most amusing combo I think Ive ever seen.

Re: $500 rifle, $2500 scope

How about a USO T-pal on a ruger 10/22

Here we go...

photobucket-22330-1310522375997.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buffybuster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't see anything wrong with that....... </div></div>

Honestly - the rifle deserves this, or something better than the VXIII 4.5-14x50 LR its had on it since I bought it many years ago. Its a fine rifle, and it shoots lights out. 3000 rounds and counting and still shoots better than 1/2 moa every time I take it out.

That said, the scope looks more at home (a LOT more at home) atop my A3G. A Bushnell or Leupy looks "right" on a Savage.

Edit: Come to think of it, I had a Simmons 3-9x32 on this rifle in the beginning! The Leupy was a NICE step up!

A bit of an odd match, but if I had a S&B I wouldn't hesitate to put on one of my Savages, those things shoot!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about a USO T-pal on a ruger 10/22
</div></div>

I'd take a photo of that, but I don't want to have to re-zero the 10/22 afterwards....

if i had that scope i think i would move it around to every rifle i happened to be shooting

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'">What the hell, you can't hit it if you can't see it, and if the sumbitch shoots, it deserves good glass </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 42769vette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if i had that scope i think i would move it around to every rifle i happened to be shooting </div></div>

ditto

The Savage is a shooter that is <span style="font-style: italic">worth</span> more than it cost. I'd put a Bender on mine if I could just afford one, my 10FP has never disappointed.

Keep your powder dry,
Goat

Nothing wrong with it. That's the advantage of having good rings and picatinny bases. Putting the best glass you can on any precision rifle is never a bad idea.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nothing wrong with it. That's the advantage of having good rings and picatinny bases. Putting the best glass you can on any precision rifle is never a bad idea. </div></div>

Absolutely! I like how it looks, and if I too had a scope like that, I'd probably end up wanting one on all my rifles!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nothing wrong with it.</div></div>
Better that way than having a $2500 rifle with a $500 scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sami</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nothing wrong with it.</div></div>
Better that way than having a $2500 rifle with a $500 scope.</div></div>

Very true

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.....the horror......................the horror.............. </div></div>

You would shit if you saw my NXS 5.5-22x56 on my $200 frankenStevens, it's fugly but it can shoot some groups with SMKs and Varget...

turbo54 said:
Honestly - the rifle deserves this...<span style="font-weight: bold">Its a fine rifle, and it shoots lights out. 3000 rounds and counting and still shoots better than 1/2 moa every time I take it out.[/</span>quote]

Nothing wrong with shooting 1/2 moa groups, atleast you didn't spent $3000+ or even $4000+ for a rifle that does the same thing, just to say you have some guys marketed parts on a rifle that doesn't shoot any better then what you have... Do more with less, that's the ticket. Sell the $3500 S&B and buy another Savage or two and put some Mark4's on them and go.... JMO....

If it's stupid and works...it aint stupid.

I cant throw any stones! I have an S&B 5-25x56 P4F on my Remy SPS tactical in an AICS 2.0 stock. The stock and glass alone are worth 900% more than the rifle! And, it shoots great!!

For a while I had a super sniper on an AWM if it makes you feel better, pretty much the polar opposite of what you did.

Yea dude that looks kinda odd...but if it shoots then it shoots. hard to argue against dead critters.

Looking kinda crazy! What did you do with the Leupy? If you are getting rid of it, keep me in mind!

Well it beats the alternative. I have seen people do the opposite too many times. Put a semi-custom together and then throw a Tasco or Simmons or Bushnell on it. If the optics are not clear and accurate, neither is the gun. Nice scope!!!

That's a serious savage. I think this thread needs to stop before it compels me trick out my model 12.

Savage's deserve as much love as the rest of them... I know I love mine!!

DK

....so I shouldn't mount my SN-4 on a 760 Power Master?????

I don't see a thing wrong with that. I put a USO ST10 on a Remington 700 SPS Tactical and it shot great. Then I traded the ST10 and picked up an ST17. You aren't going to wear out the glass, so to me it's an investment. And you can never have glass that's too good.

I fit that description also...I paid $225 for the savage .300 win mag in 1995.

Savage300WM.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattja99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I fit that description also...I paid $225 for the savage .300 win mag in 1995.</div></div>

Nice looking rifle. What stock is that? I dont recognize it.

Thanks, that is a garage fabrication special from shortly after I bought the rifle, all fiberglass.