• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes $500 to spend............what scope?

m6z

Private
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2013
Joplin, MO
I'm looking for a tactical mil/mil scope under $500. I currently have a MidwayUSA Vortex Viper 5-15x44 that I'm happy with. I would just by another one of those, but they're unavailable-seasonal run...

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/18...us-1-10-mil-adjustments-mil-dot-reticle-matte

This scope is going to be mounted on a Savage FV-SR 22LR with Vortex precision 30mm low rings, but it may find it's way to a .308 at a later date.

I've ruled out the Midway Weaver 3-10x44 - lack of parallax adjustment
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/59...mm-1-10-mil-adjustments-mil-dot-reticle-matte

I've read positive and not so positive reviews on the Primary Arms and the Falcon Mence 4x14 FFP, but I'm not sold & FFP would be nice but it's not a must. I'd rather have better clicks then FFP.

I've also looked at the fixed SWFA 12x & 16x scopes. I'd like to stay with a variable scope if I can, but if not the SWFA's seem like a solid choice.

What your pick? I need all the help I can get making this decision.

Maybe look at the Burris MTAC 4.5-14

From Sport Optics, it fits your price range.

The problem with the variables is going to be finding one that has parallax adjustment close enough for a rimfire. My suggestion would be a SS 6, 10, or 12x. If ithe scope is going to stay on the 22, I would suggest the 6x over the others, for the field of view, and better low light performance(larger exit pupil).

Just got a Vortex 2x7 Diamondback rimfire for my son. 50 yard parallax. Seems to be pretty solid not bad for the money. I like my higher end Vortexes and can't beat the warranty. Swfa would be a good choice as well.

Vortex's HS and PST line is good stuff, but if you can poney up another couple hundred, you could get a Trijicon 3-9x40 on eBay. I got one new for $700 shipped from an authorized dealer a couple months back...just "make an offer" since it's below MAP.

2013-NOVESKEweb3_zps84f0e744.jpg

ETA - Missed the mil/mil part. Duh.

For a $500 mil/mil scope....Vortex HS for the win.

Last edited:
I'm looking for a tactical mil/mil scope under $500.

Pentax LS30 (made by Burris, in the USA, equivalent to their 'Black Diamond' line). 30mm maintube, 6-24x50, oval mildot reticle, target knobs, side parallax adjustment, LNIB. $425 shipped to you in the lower 48. PM me if interested.

I put the Vortex I had on it. Going to order another when they're available again.

Got my rifle in and made it to the range. Crappy rem. bucket o bullets.

DSCN5157_zps9627b18f.jpg

DSCN5166_zps4287ffe8.jpg

DSCN5170_zps67240948.jpg

DSCN5171_zps0c374d2e.jpg

DSCN5172_zpsff49523b.jpg