• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

500 Yards of FUN

krummarine

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2005
Virginia
I might be posting this in the wrong place but wanted to show a couple pics of a shoot I participated in down in Clemmons, NC this past weekend. A buddy of mine, Dave Sink is a gunsmith that lives in the area and he has access to a nearby 500 yard range. I had my Rem 700 in 6BR that he built me some years ago. He cut back and re-chambered a Rem Varmint barrel in .243, then mounted it on my 700 action that he trued up. Adjusted the trigger, and bedded it in a VLS stock. I had a NXS 3.5-15X50 mounted on it and was shooting 107 grain Sierra hand loads. The large plate is 10", and the smaller is 5". The diamond is 2.5" across. The 10 was fairly easy to ring but the 5" and the diamond took a little more work but was able to hit both pretty consistently. It was hot, but had a good time. Dave Sink will build you a rifle that shoots and shoots well. He was shooting his own 6BR as well and taking me to school as usual. Can PM his contact info to anyone interested.
2wdozfp.jpg

2eczo7k.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks; it was a blast, pun intended. Dave's father is a state BR record holder and he was standing behind me so I felt the pressure of being able to connect on a consistent basis.

Where did u get those rebar holder for your stand if u don't mine me asking? Neat;-)

The target stand device that holds the rebar is from Laststands.com. I know a guy that uses them and they are awesome, I will be ordering some for myself soon.

Yep. That's the one. It says to use 5 ft rebar but I could only get 4 ft lengths. They work great.