• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

50gr V-Max Jump

Re: 50gr V-Max Jump

Is it in a bolt gun or AR? The V-max will tolerate a lot of jump. I load the 60 grain V-max to AR length (2.245"), and they work fine. I've never measured jump for the AR, but I'm sure it's a lot.

It's a Remington 700 bolt gun. I've been setting it back .005 and not getting the groups I want. Any ideas would be great.

Yes its .223 Rem. No mag just floor plate. I'm using BLC-2 started at 25.5grs and went up by .3 to 27.3. 26.7grs seem to shoot the best, but not what I'm looking for. I wanted to start playing with the jump. I would like to use the BLC-2 because I have 4lbs that I bought real cheap.

I'm showing a max charge of 28 grains, so I would keep going up. I would start where you left off, and take it up to about 28.6 (28.0, 28.3, 28.6), and see what you get. As always, keep an eye out for pressure as you shoot the loads. Also, I've played with BLC-2, and I've not had the best results with it. I've seen some very good groups with it, but not in my loads out of my AR's. I sold my BLC-2 powder. That might be why you got it cheap!!

The speer manual says max of 27.5, but I'll go up a little more. You dont think setting it back maybe .025 would help? I might have to try another powder, which one would you recommend?

I get best accuracy from 20 to 30 thou off the lands.

yes, that should be fine. If you seat the bullet to just off the lands, you will reach pressure at a slightly lower charge weight. I'd seat it 20-30 off or max COAL, and do a ladder test.
I like Xterminator for the light bullets, and TAC for 60+ grains. H335, R15, and Varget should do fine.

Reactions: HEnrI

I shoot them 20 thou off with 27.3 grains of H335 in my AI.