• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.510 CheyTac

cbrfirearms

Private
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2020
Looking into building a .510 CheyTac super gun as I call It. The idea is a fun bolt gun as big as possible without using 50 bmg parts or components.
My questions for anyone who have experience with this is mainly what kind of velocity to expect and also any load Data?

It won’t be super in its performance, at least not compared to the parent case, and especially not the .375 variant. Define fun for us.

Just looking for a something like the 700 JDJ without the 50 BMG case. Basically a big Boomer just a range queen. I've looked at the 600 overkill but the brass is super hard to find.

Hi,

So your wanting to neck up the CT case to .510 projectile?

Your MV is going to be pretty slow which makes the exterior ballistics of the .510 projectiles that much worse.

What is your intended distance of this range queen?

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

So your wanting to neck up the CT case to .510 projectile?

Your MV is going to be pretty slow which makes the exterior ballistics of the .510 projectiles that much worse.

What is your intended distance of this range queen?

Sincerely,
Theis
Within visual distance of tannerite.

Reactions: JeffLebowski
Honestly 200 300 yd I have a 300 PRC I'm building for ultra long range shooting.

So similar the 50 Allen Tactical that Kirby Allen of Allen Precision Shooting makes... Runs a 650gr projectile around 2600-2650fps from last I spoke with him about it if I'm remembering correctly

Last edited:
Honestly I've thought about 505 Gibbs The biggest reason I don't want to is I was really looking to get over 50 caliber in the 577-600 cal I'm trying to make a knockoff version of a 700 JDJ is the original plan.