• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

52 Win, Mosberg, Rem 22s

kraigWY

CMP GSM MI
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2006
Wyoming
Just received an E-Mail from CMP.

They just released Win 52, Rem 40X, H&R M12, 513, 541s and several other surplus 22 rim fire rifles and barreled actions for sale.

Limited quanity, jump while you can.

Re: 52 Win, Mosberg, Rem 22s

I also received the email.....I hope I can get an M12....I am regretting selling the one I used to have. Sold the rifle with palma sights all for $300 and this was just 2 years ago..

Gene

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gszeto99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I also received the email.....I hope I can get an M12....I am regretting selling the one I used to have. Sold the rifle with palma sights all for $300 and this was just 2 years ago..

Gene </div></div>

Always kinda wanted an M12 but know nothing about them. Not many in these parts. Do they have any shortfalls as far as parts breakage etc? As for accuracy what are they comparable to, 513-T etc???? Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Always kinda wanted an M12 but know nothing about them. Not many in these parts. Do they have any shortfalls as far as parts breakage etc? As for accuracy what are they comparable to, 513-T etc???? Thanks.</div></div>

The M12 is a H&R 5200 single shot 22 target rifle, extremely accurate. They are clones of the Winchester Model 52.

The military bought tons of them. I was running the Alaska National Guard marksmenship unti when the came out and I had 40 of them. As mentioned they were extremely accurate, I never had any maintance problems with the rifle. However guys were loosing or stealing the sights, but can't blame that on the rifle.

I have one I got new to test them before I ordered them for the guard. They are heavier then the 513s and simular rifles, higher quality.

I use both scopes and iron sights, They are capable of cleaning the English Match targets (prone ISU 50 meter). Tack Driver is an understatement.

They shot better then any 40X I've shot, as as good as the Model 52s

HandR5200_1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Always kinda wanted an M12 but know nothing about them. Not many in these parts. Do they have any shortfalls as far as parts breakage etc? As for accuracy what are they comparable to, 513-T etc???? Thanks.</div></div>

The M12 is a H&R 5200 single shot 22 target rifle, extremely accurate. They are clones of the Winchester Model 52.

The military bought tons of them. I was running the Alaska National Guard marksmenship unti when the came out and I had 40 of them. As mentioned they were extremely accurate, I never had any maintance problems with the rifle. However guys were loosing or stealing the sights, but can't blame that on the rifle.

I have one I got new to test them before I ordered them for the guard. They are heavier then the 513s and simular rifles, higher quality.

I use both scopes and iron sights, They are capable of cleaning the English Match targets (prone ISU 50 meter). Tack Driver is an understatement.

They shot better then any 40X I've shot, as as good as the Model 52s

HandR5200_1.jpg
</div></div>

That is just about the setup I would want. They aren't made for conventional scope mounting are they? Seems I seen that Ken Vianni made a special mount for them also. Old gent I bought my first new rifle and revolver from had a 5200, that being back in later 70's. He didn't volunteer to let me 'fondle' it so I didn't ask. Asked him about it about 4yrs ago, about a year before a tree he was cutting fell on him and he died laying under it for a day or so. He then claimed he never owned one or what I was referring to????? Might go to a gunshow tomorrow in Bismarck so see if I can find one to look over.

Thanks Kraig for the pic and info.

Sent in for a couple of 513T Remingtons....hope they don't run out before me!! Got a couple of the M12 rifes from previous releases and want a few more rifles with a magazine on it!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SDWhirlwind</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Always kinda wanted an M12 but know nothing about them. Not many in these parts. Do they have any shortfalls as far as parts breakage etc? As for accuracy what are they comparable to, 513-T etc???? Thanks. </div></div>

The H&R M-12 is a very accurate rifle and probably the best buy in a heavy match rifle, but they do have some shortfalls. The stocks are basically a fence post with a barreled action bolted on top, and the triggers are not the best but can be tuned to about 12 ounces with time and patience. I have seen a few with broken extractors. All that being said I own 5 of them in various configurations. I sometimes shoot one in prone matches and started shooting 4 position matches with an M-12 years ago, not the best choice of a rifle but it got me started.

The one in the picture is mounted in a 52 International style stock made by Royal Arms Gun Stocks in Great Falls Montana. The barrel is bent (came that way from the CMP) but it still shoots very well.

297222_2108350677401_1504591935_32272517_945405277_n.jpg

316559_2146741757154_1504591935_32304120_2127927783_n.jpg