• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 558 yard Oklahoma whitetail

SOBRYDEL

That Guy
Minuteman
Apr 9, 2004
Canadian County, Ok.
I took this buck at 558 yards with my 7mm STW out in western Oklahoma. He would have been a really nice 8 but his brow time and G2 were busted off on the left side. His main beams are really long and only lacked about 4" from touching in the middle. We noticed him limping around and figured he probably had an injured leg. We found he had a bullet hole/wound in his right front leg about 4" up from the hoof. I gues someone jerked the crap out of the trigger when they tried shooting at him.

IMAG0076.jpg

Re: 558 yard Oklahoma whitetail

Awesome deer! Even with the busted tine. Good shooting.

I have never seen the main beam come so close together before.
Great shooting. Nice buck.
Happy Holidays.
R.

Good ol' STW, I just got in from trying to kill one with mine. Hated to leave so early but Thanksgiving calls. Nice buck and good shooting, congratulations.

great shot and buck, nice that you could put him down before the yotes tore him up...

How west was that? I used to hunt up by gotebo but there were no rolling hills like that there , must more west or north , nice buck...........

Nice buck and shooting. Man I miss being back home for deer season. That's the way to spend a Thanksgivin.

That's a good buck and a GREAT shot. What bullet are you using and what was the hold over for the shot?

It takes some stern stuff to fight off the buck fever and maintain the fundamentals to make a shot like that. Very good shot sir! Congratulations on the buck. I agree you saved him from a slow painful death by coyotes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ROCKer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a good buck and a GREAT shot. What bullet are you using and what was the hold over for the shot? </div></div>

7mm STW with a 140 grain Accubond running 3,173fps. My rifle is zero'd at 300 yards and I had 7 3/4 moa dialed on it for the shot.

Wow, great shot and agree with the statements that this was a much more merciful way for him to go, given his condition.

Just curious why your zeroed at 100yds? Does your scope not give you enough elevation adjustment to zero at 100yds and dial to 800yds+? I'm just asking because that is alot of hold-under for a 100yd and inside shot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trevor300wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just curious why your zeroed at 100yds? Does your scope not give you enough elevation adjustment to zero at 100yds and dial to 800yds+? I'm just asking because that is alot of hold-under for a 100yd and inside shot. </div></div>

This rifle is zero'd at 300 yards, not 100 yards.

Sorry, typo on me.....I meant 300, not 100......hence the reason for asking to begin with.

Nice deer.

I'm out here in Elk City and didn't see a whole lot. We saw some good deer, but every one of them were broken to pieces.

I figure it is due to the drought, lack of nutrition, water, etc.

Last year my brother and I shot decent deer and saw about 5-6 that should have been as big or bigger this year than what we shot.

IMG_0654-small.jpg

Oh and we didn't shoot them at your range!!

558 yards is a long ways!!!