• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

5R 300 Win 26" Project Lite

ultraman

Private
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2003
AUSTIN, TEXAS
we've been waiting months for our order of 26" 300 win 5R's to come in and as soon as they did I sent one to Jared and crew at Patriot/American Precision Arms for a few touches.
I called it project lite....with the accuracy we have seen with all of the 5R's I was trying to do a build with full build results (or close) w/o full build $$$ being spent.
I'm a big recoil wuss so I opted for his little bastard brake over the typical Vias as I do a lot of hunting prone. They turned the rifle around in a very reasonable time frame and the work done on the brake, bolt handle and re-cut of the lugs =all top flight. Communication throughout=excellent. I was going to keep it in the factory stock but a buddy was selling this one cheap so I dropped it in it and put one our NF 20 moa bases, Ultralite rings and NSX scope on her. Today is range day...so far its liked gamekings and matchkings (2.2" at 300yds) but I'm trying to get accubonds to work. Here are a few pics...dont have enough good to say about my dealings with Patriot/American Arms.
August in Austin
[email protected]

pl037.jpg

aw022.jpg

pl040.jpg

Re: 5R 300 Win 26" Project Lite

Looks good!

Thats really low rings! Did you have to trim the base to clear the power ring? I run 73gr of RL22 with 180SGK's and 180NAB's....both shot very well in my 1-10"

Re: 5R 300 Win 26" Project Lite

no I didnt...there is about a business cards worth between however. RL22 has been my best powder in my TRG 42 300 Win even with 155's