• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

5r trigger question

GIO

Private
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2008
Omaha, NE USA
I was looking at a rem 700 5r at my local gun shop and i noticed an external adjustment screw poking through the upper trigger face. Is this an 40x adjustable trigger? I looked at an LTR and a XCR and did not notice any external adjustments. I can not find any info on Remington's site and the sales guy was clueless.

Can someone shine some light on this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: 5r trigger question

It is most likely a new external adjust X-Mark Pro. To my knowledge they didn't put an old-style 40X trigger into the 5R. They are making an external adjust X-Mark that they are putting in quite a few rifles. Is the trigger shoe smooth or have ridges in it?

DD

it was a smooth trigger. didn't really like feeling the screw with the top of my finger, it juts out a bit and is distracting

the 5R's have the Xmark pro adj. The XCR LR Tact's have the 40X trigger.

I have a new 5-R in .223 with the X-Pro NON-externally adjustable trigger. It can be adjusted pretty easily with 1 allen screw in the front of the trigger assembly. I got mine down to a crisp 3.5 lb pull and quit as I don't need it any lower than that for now.

i have a 5r 308 and its got the xmark. i always see people bashing it but mines set a 2 lbs. and breaks like glass. i love it..