• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

5th HardRock Match of 2011

DocB

Minuteman
Jan 14, 2004
CSG
Good day,

The fifth HR match of the 2011 series will be held on Saturday, June 25th. New shooters should make plans to attend the practice day on Friday, June 24th. The match is held rain or shine unless the civil authorities close the roads.

Pre-registration is available to those who shot at least three of the last six matches for the .308 and ATG classes, and is required if you are shooting in the first .223 class relays. Pre-registration opens with this announcement. Send a PM with the class(es) you will shoot, the cartridge for the rifle in each class, if anyone else will be using the same rifle, and if a brake is installed on the rifle. While we wish to encourage folks to pre-register, you will be on the Range Masters and my SL if you pre-register, don't attend the match, and fail to cancel your registration with a PX by 1800 on practice day. You don't want to go there. My PX is on the schedule, I don't have net access after 1800 on Thursdays.

The short version of the COF and rules is: 5 rounds at each 600, 800, 900 and 1k target with a 1 MOA 10 point bullseye and a 2 MOA 5 point scoring ring in 20 minutes. No sighters, no wind flags, and you have ring steel with at least one of your first five shots. Three classes, .223, .308, and AnyThing Goes.

For a full copy of the schedule and rules, please send me a PM with your First and Last name, along with your email address.

Looking forwards to seeing everyone at the match,
DocB

Re: 5th HardRock Match of 2011

I love these matches, I'm still not sure if my rifle will be ready yet though...if not, I will just come to watch anyways.

RM308,

The HR shooters are a great bunch, let us know what class you would like to shoot and we'll come up with something.

Have fun,
DocB

I would like to shoot in either .308 or ATG, but with a .308. I have my own 175gr. FGMM ammo, but my rifle is with Chris Self
smile.gif
I would be very appreciative to anyone who would allow me to borrow their rifle for practice day and the match. Also, I am open anytime on Friday to practice for whenever it is convenient to whoever is providing it.

Thanks in advance,
Troy

Troy,

Chris is back from the Blade show, and he's usually pretty quick. Give him a call if you wish. I've got a .308 you can shoot if you can make it to practice.

HTH,
DocB

I actually did call him Monday to talk about a few things with the rifle, and he says he might have it completed by the match. I wasn't expecting it for at least a few more weeks, but he insists on having crazy quick lead times. I will definitely be there for practice and the match though whether it's to shoot or just hangout.

Thanks,
Troy

Troy,

I spoke to Chris yesterday about other matters, but I also discussed whether your rifle will be ready. He recommended you shoot one of my rifles at the match. I've got ammo and a .308 rifle ready, we'll have to see how things work out on ATG. Be there as early as you can on practice day.

Thanks,
DocB

Good day,

We've got 4 relays of shooters at this point, anybody else need to pre-register?

Thanks,
DocB

Again, I find myself compelled to provide quality emergency medical services to the fine citizens of ATL on Fri night but I hope to make it before the last relay. Nystagmus and trigger jerking from coffee withdrawal will again be the order of the day. The lights will be on but most assuredly there will be no-one home. Someone please lead me to my bench if I pick up my rifle and start toward the woods or down the road. This work crap will summarily be stopped if I can only convince my wife that electricity and an indoor flush toilet are part of a communist plot to overthrow the country.

Good day,

Match results sent out @ 2100 EDT. Please allow 24 hours for your/my mail server to get the email to you before sending me an email or PM letting me know you didn't receive email.

Thanks to everyone who attended, and congratulation to the winners,
DocB

True...but Ed didn't beat Warren! He's on a roll this year and difficult to stop. Kinda like Mr. Ward in the past with that 223. Lucky for him, Chase wasn't at the match or there may have been a double smack down. Great shooting by B. Elliot and OSOK and Gary. See you at the next match.

I was just happy to have been there. Congrats to all those at the top of the list.
Thanks to jhuskey and DocB for making these matches happen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot4fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was just happy to have been there.
</div></div>

As was I. I enjoyed seeing everyone again and look forward to next month. I may even shoot next time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jhuskey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ed beat Forrest Gump again. </div></div>

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! ...... now bite me !