• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

5X25 Schmidt & Bender

ccollier

Minuteman
Nov 28, 2009
Preston, GA
Do any of you guy's shoot the 5X25 S&B scope on your rimfires? My question is: how good does the parallax adjust at 50yds and under? I was thinking about try one with the p4f in the second focal plane. Thanks

Re: 5X25 Schmidt & Bender

seems like $$$ overkill if ya ask me.

But hey if ya have the means
smile.gif

lowest parallax on the 5-25 is 100M iirc.

They adjust down to 10 meters and are very clear at that range. I have used mine down to 11 feet. Excellent scope.

Thanks Rob, I have used the search, and there's not much out there about the parallax adjustment below 50yds. Do you have FFP or SFP?

300WSM, I believe Rob is right about the 10 meter parallax adjustment. At least that's what they advertise. I just wanted to get feedback from someone that's used one before I invest.

I have two of them and love them. Plan on getting another in the future. Perfect scope in my opinion. Mine are both FFP as that is better for me in shooting the style of matches I do. You won't be disappointed in the 5-25x S&B.

What Rob said--

I have a S&B 5-25 FFP for my 22LR and love it. The scope is superb for this application.

If you have the cash, why not? you better not mount it on a marlin lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ccollier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do any of you guy's shoot the 5X25 S&B scope on your rimfires? My question is: how good does the parallax adjust at 50yds and under? I was thinking about try one with the p4f in the second focal plane. Thanks </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They adjust down to 10 meters and are very clear at that range. I have used mine down to 11 feet. Excellent scope. </div></div>
<span style="font-style: italic">Rob01</span> answered your question in my quote of him above. I tested both of my two (2) PMII 5-25X CCW Gen 2 XRs', and with the Diopter turned all the way in (to + - "0"), both will focus perfectly at full (25X) magnification. The ocular lens was a shade under 32 feet from the target face (objective lens 30 feet from target face).

I had one of my PMII 5-25Xs' mounted on my full-custom MOA 10/22 while I was waiting for my Tac Ops X-Ray 51. Under the right conditions (zero or light wind from 6 O'Clock and low mirage) I could watch my 40 gr. bullets smack the cranial cavity of the Desert Ram at 300 yards. On a side note, if you're wearing amplified hearing protectors such as the OD green units from Impact Sports you can actually hear the impact.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Schmidt & Bender PMII 5-25X 56mm 27 MIL DT LP CM CCW w/Gen 2 XR reticle:</span>
MOA1022SBOverkill8x6.jpg

MOA1022SBOverkillRS8x6.jpg

MOA1022SBOverkillLS8x6.jpg

Keith

Wow ! that is the first time I have ever seen such a fine scope on a liitle 22, is that just for a photo op or do you actually take that rig to the range ?

very nice but very funny

Wow ! that is the first time I have ever seen such a fine scope on a liitle 22, is that just for a photo op or do you actually take that rig to the range ?

very nice but very funny

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: carryhold</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow ! that is the first time I have ever seen such a fine scope on a liitle 22, is that just for a photo op or do you actually take that rig to the range ?

very nice but very funny </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: carryhold</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow ! that is the first time I have ever seen such a fine scope on a liitle 22, is that just for a photo op or do you actually take that rig to the range ?

very nice but very funny </div></div>
Is there an echo is here?

Photo op - thats' funny. While the PMII 5-25X mounted on the MOA 10/22 isn't dedicated to that rifle, yeah, I've taken it to the range and shot with it. It shoots sub MOA at 100 yards consistently, and in very calm conditions (or at least consistent, wind) - it will maintain MOA to 200 yards. I've watched the impact of 40gr. Winchester Super-X HV and Wolf MT through the PMII at 300 yards on steel (headshots on the Desert Ram at ASR).

Keith

Keith,

That's one nice setup. I decided to go with a Nightforce. I had them build me a NXS 8x32x56mm with 1/8 min clicks. It has the high speed turrets, but since it's 1/8" min, it's only 10 moa. per rev. It does not have zero stop. I did have them adjust the parallax down to 45 yds, just to make sure I could get to 50 yds with no problem. It works great and still goes out to infinity just fine. Maybe one day I'll wind up with a S&B, but for now I'm real happy with the NF. Shane

Nothing wrong with putting some fine optics on a rimfire.

Ccollier, think of doing the same... i love my nightforce
smile.gif

vman,

I think you'll be happy with it. That 32x is awesome when I'm shooting from the bench. I really, really like my NF a lot. The guys at NF were great! They put together the perfect rimfire scope for me. My hat's off to them.