• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 CM load question

Mike_Pancake

Pew Pew Master
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2019
Sorry if this is the wrong place or has been asked before, but has anyone done a load dev for the Odin Works 22' 6.5 CM barrel on an ar10? Just picked one up and after i break it in, i wanna do a load with 4350,varget or staball. Thanks for the help guys

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. I's not like any other 22' Odin barrel will necessarily have the same node or behave the same way. Even if it did, we can't even recommend a load without knowing your projectile or intended velocity window. But I can say that H4350 will probably be your best bet for that case. It is most popular by a large margin - although it is hard to find at the moment.

I would say that H4350 is probably your best bet, but there are simply too many other variables to really answer that question. The slightly lighter bullets are probably your best bet.

Yah im leaning with 130gr bergers or 140 eldms. Just wondering if anyone had a node that they found worked

Yah im leaning with 130gr bergers or 140 eldms. Just wondering if anyone had a node that they found worked
Those are solid bullets, and a good choice. Its hard to guess a node on a gas gun as there are a lot of factors that come into play. I would start lower and do a ladder as that seems to be the quickest way to find a good node for a gas gun. For some reason, CCI primers do way better for me (no idea, but there seem to be larger nodes).

Yah its what i run on my 6.5 BA so prob going yo stick with the same components. Just looking for some starting charge weights

With the 140 ELDM, I'd probably start with 40.0 gr of H4350 and run a ladder to 41.0 gr. Hornady's max load is 41.5 gr.

WAG. 40.5 gr H4350 will be close with a 140-142 bullet.ymmv

Did you ever figure anything out? I run the 130 Berger’s out of mine and get just shy of 2800 fps... that was with 42.8 rl16 but now I can’t find any so I’m gonna give n5555 a shot.. h4350 never seemed to give me as tight of nodes?!?! I chased my tail for a long time... Odin barrel and bolt/carrier...

I love my Berger 140 hybrids at 2750 fps with H4350. Super consistent and mild recoil with exceptional accuracy.

I settled on 41.5gr H4350 coupled with 140 ELD-Ms, and Hornady brass with my 22" Criterion Hybrid barrel. I have put JP High Pressure bolts/firing pins, and asjustable gas blocks on every 6.5C AR I've had to prevent pierced primers, swipe marks, etc.

Most guns like that 41.5ish charge with 140s.

Reactions: Black71
I settled on 41.5gr H4350 coupled with 140 ELD-Ms, and Hornady brass with my 22" Criterion Hybrid barrel. I have put JP High Pressure bolts/firing pins, and asjustable gas blocks on every 6.5C AR I've had to prevent pierced primers, swipe marks, etc.

Most guns like that 41.5ish charge with 140s.
Agreed. Mine loves 41.6