• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 cm reloading info

m1ajunkie

Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2010
Boise, ID
I am planning to work on reloading 6.5cm for the first time when I get home from work today. The hornady 140gr factory load shoots awesome in my rifle so my plan is to load as close to that as possible.

I need to know the case trim length for the 6.5cm case, does anyone have that handy?

Any tips others have learned to match this load?

Thanks

Re: 6.5 cm reloading info

Trim length is 1.910

As for matching the factory stuff, it varies between lots, some have found 41.5gr of powder up to 43gr. If you are reloading for a bolt gun I would say around 42.5 will get you close or at least a good accurate round but start a little lower and work up to that.

Thanks for the reply.

So I'm guessing that if I am able to get the same velocity out of my reloads as the factory load then I should be matching the factory load drop wise?

I am hoping to load to the same velocity and group size out of my lmt ar.

ill share my 120grn load with you

44.1gr 4350 BR2 primer

3000fps out of a 28" krieger

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJohn141</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trim length is 1.910

As for matching the factory stuff, it varies between lots, some have found 41.5gr of powder up to 43gr. If you are reloading for a bolt gun I would say around 42.5 will get you close or at least a good accurate round but start a little lower and work up to that. </div></div>

I just pulled some and they were 43.5, and as low as 42.7.

I got a slow lot of h4350. 42.4 with a 140 amax gives me 2747 fps while the factory stuff gives me 2812 fps out of a 27" bartlein.