• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 CM Reloads Not Chambering in SAKO TRG 22

RaptorAddict

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2020
Simi Valley, California
I just recently acquired a TRG in 6.5 Creedmoor. I had ran the Hornady 140gr EDL my first round with no issues. I just started reloading with Peterson Brass LR with 139gr Lapua Scenar bullets. Powder is VV N555. I calibrated my C.O.A.L. off the VV reloading Data which stated 2.717". When I tried to slide a round into the chamber, the bullet tip is striking and jamming against the chamber wall and not entering the chamber. Has anyone had this issue? Trying to figure out why this would happen. Do I need to seat further down? That'll just end up increasing my pressure. Any advice would help. Thanks!!!

Magazine alignment issue? If both loads were the same length it would be odd for coal to be the issue.

Reactions: RaptorAddict
Side note, you should be loading base to ogive it's more consistent and pressure is more of an issue when you're seating to far into the
"lands".

I would think you may need longer OAL.

Try seating a bullet long in case with just a little neck tension, then hand drop that into the chamber and close the bolt. Eject carefully. It should have seated itself into the case by being pushed against the lands. Do this a few times until you get a repeatable result.

Then you will know what your max OAL can be for the bullet that you are using. And then start from that length and then work toward shorter to see what feeds the best and still is within max mag length.

I have a strange feeling the mag didn't seat up all the way maybe. There was one moment when it did chamber but when I tried it again, it didn't. I will try again when I get home. Hopefully that's the issue. Basically I followed the COAL off the VV website which is CIP spec which is what the SAKO is

Reactions: Smittiac
I know the website says X+Y=pewpew but you really need to measure YOUR rifles "lands" to have the most accurate load.

My TRG would do that occasionally if the magazine wasn’t seated all the way in. That being said mine was also in a w3 chassis so occasionally it was tough to get the magazine to seat all the way.

I just recently acquired a TRG in 6.5 Creedmoor. I had ran the Hornady 140gr EDL my first round with no issues. I just started reloading with Peterson Brass LR with 139gr Lapua Scenar bullets. Powder is VV N555. I calibrated my C.O.A.L. off the VV reloading Data which stated 2.717". When I tried to slide a round into the chamber, the bullet tip is striking and jamming against the chamber wall and not entering the chamber. Has anyone had this issue? Trying to figure out why this would happen. Do I need to seat further down? That'll just end up increasing my pressure. Any advice would help. Thanks!!!

You should find at what coal the lands are and then do a mag feeding test. Start long and then shorten the dummy round until it’s too short to feed.